Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How many of you built models as a kid?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
You Guys sure are bringing up some memories. I was building a 40 Ford coupe AMT kit in 1963. Metalic blue, Chrysler Hemi engine and 61 Pontiac 8 lug wheels. The parts were taken from several different kits. I vividly remember packing the half built model in cotton and packing it away when I joined the Navy at the ripe age of 17. When I got home after I was discharged I went to go back to work on it but could not find it anywhere. Mom said she didn't know anything about it but they had cleaned all that "old junk" out of the attack. I am mad to this day. I had hours and hours in that model.

Models can be just as challenging and provide the same sense of accomplishment as a full sized car.

John L.
That's ok John. My x-sister-in-law threw out the 18x24x20 box full "old junk" that my brother had in his closet. You know the one . The one that had our collective baseball card collections starting around 1951. That one. BB