Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to mount your rearend using junkyard parts.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

no offense taken by me.. We just want you to build a safe and to build it as right as you can the first time around.. I think your doing a great job and only pointed out what I see... I seen people run short panhard bars and get away with it with no problems... What you have to keep in mine with a panhard bar is.. The shorter the bar, The more the rear end will move through the arch.. When it's as long as it can be,, That movement is far less,, Thats all..So longer is better for sure.... And I see you have the stands under the rear end ... That means there is no weight at all on the frame now... So when you put the weight on the frame the panhard bar should be very close to being parallel with the pavement..That's what you want when the weight is on it at ride height..Keep pushing forward..

The only other thing I seen is.. When you welded up you butt on the panhard bar,, You put a slug in the butt and welded over it then grind down the weld... If you didn't weld it hot enough you won't have much weld left after grinding off the cap.... You would have been better off leaving the cap pass on it... The only way I would feel safe by grinding off the cap pass is.. If you wouldn't have used the slug,, And would have just filled the butt with weld,, That way you have 100% weld.. Right now with the slug and grind down cap.. It will be weak...Just my 2 cents..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 01-23-2013 at 11:15 AM.