How much is a 1967 SS Chevelle (138) body worth? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 06:17 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Is Columbia a county in the U.S. or country in S. America....Columbia S.C. is right around the corner from me.I would definitely take a ride THERE to check them out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I would like the rear end. And other parts. ?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

If (BIG "if"!) this is a legit 13817xxxxxxxx '67 SS, it's worth $600 easily, IMO! Not having any paperwork on it might be a problem in some jurisdictions (it wouldn't be, here in GA ). Hell, the hood and rear end could be worth at least $600.

Get a close look at the cowl tag (open rivets) and VIN tag (star rivets) numbers and rivets. There are dozens of "tells" for ID'ing a '67 SS, and for telling if it was a BB or not- so a few good photos will help begin to see what's up w/it.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Sure it will fit

Last photo:

If it has a title then its worth it. Ive looked at no less than 5, 66 -67 chevelles down here with NO title for 3k to 6k and were dam good and could of drove a few of em home! And the projects are coming out of the wood work now. The no title word in this state is a BIG no no, been there tryed that. Hell id pay that just for the tags and title. Yea i know it illegal but it would save a great car from the crusher. Just saw the LOST part.... if you could get it it would be worth it.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:45 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Take this from a person who has done the rust bucket thing. forget that car, find one in the dessert for a little more money and take a road trip. It will be money well spent in the log run. No matter how much rust you carve out, you never get it all.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 PM

Update....

Was back on the property again today, and he upped the anty a bit, where as he has two more chevelles that are in the woods as well (one being another 67 SS & one being a plain 67 malibu), and these cars are barely seen unless you look real hard in there for them, and now he has said that I could get any parts from these two cars that I wanted, that's if I were to buy the car that I had looked at, and this in order to try and fix it up.

I am thinking about getting the car again, even though I don't think it is going anywhere any time soon. I havn't gotten any pics of it yet, because I have not had a camera on me when looking at it while on site, and I havn't been back with one yet, all because I still don't know if I am going to get this thing or not, and this when I only go there on business. It is private property so I have to have an appointment when I go there, and I don't know when I am going there again, because my work dictates when I do get to go.

The sweetened pot is tempting for sure, because now I am thinking hard about it all over again.

The car had the complete chrome package on it, and it may have had a vinyl top as well, where as the chrome is still around the edges of the top as if it had a (vinyl top) on it before. It has the chrome bumper gaurds on either side of the license plate area that are mounted upon the back bumper (factory), also chrome around the tail lights, finned chrome at the bottom of the rocker panels, super sport emblems on back quarter panels, 396 emblems on the front fenders, double hump hood with finned chrome on the humps ( has a bad bondo job on hood) all glass is good, trunk has been open on it, but not all the way, it also has chrome around the inside of the fender wells and etc. Not sure if the wheels are stock or not... They are not the rally sport type rims with the trim rings, I mean like I have seen on some chevelles back in the day.

My only delema right now, is that I have a bass boat in the shop, and I am awaiting to see the damages on that situation first. Yikes!

If I get this thing, you all will be the first to know and to see some pics after I get it. Then you can judge what kind of idiocy or lunacy I have in my gene make up for yourselves...LOL

Last edited by beagle9; 09-29-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 PM

Last journal entry: Heads and intake are finally off!!!!
Last photo:

I have the same car, bought it almost 25 years ago.

The thing that I learned was to start with something really solid. It's not the money, it's the time. When your older you get smarter to all of this. A 65 Chevelle SS in Milwaukee just sold for $3,200 and the body was flawless because it came from New Mexico. The paint was faded and the engine was tired but the interior was mint. Oh man what a deal, think of all the body work you wouldn't have to do.

It's easy to get excited about a rusty car when it's cheap but in the end the total cost (time+money) is often times the worst possible deal ever.

Lots of cars available!!!

Mike
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM

Last photo:

Not to make you mad but check this out. Back in the early 90's I bought a ton of original GM 67 Chevelle parts because my dad said "someday this will all be gone and you will wish you had it".

I have close to 3 sets of chrome for 67's including the grill and brows all wrapped in original GM packaging. Tons of other parts too. I have looked at the parts that come from places like OPG and they suck, very bad quality. When you buy a car that was taken care of you get all the nice original chrome etc.

Just a thought.

Mike
Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 AM

Thats so true what they call wore out junk in the dry desert like states are conciderd cream puffs up north and theres still quite a few to be had for little money but that wont always be the case,but its tough to pass one up from around the corner...My problem is I never PLAN on buying an old car , I just run into them all the time,next thing you know they're following me home...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle9
Then you can judge what kind of idiocy or lunacy I have in my gene make up for yourselves...LOL
dont look at me for judgement ,ask your wife what she thinks.......then do the opposite...
Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 AM

Last photo:

My Dad just bought another Pontiac. It is rust free and untouched. It has the heavy duty power package; 8 lug wheels, 389 tri-power, power everything. He paid 2,400.

He was able to find it for 1 reason only......he decided that was his next car then focused his efforts on finding one. The best thing a person can do is download the craigslist app. Then set up the parameters for just that car, then do it in multiple states. Your phone gets pinged within seconds of a listing. I just put in a 67 Chevelle for you in my CL search in 5 southern states and a whole pile of rust free cars showed up.

My Dad has a ton of old rare cars. He makes a decision, then goes intelligently hunting for it. If it takes 6 months to find it he more than makes up for it on the body work he doesn't have to spend time doing.

Mike
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 AM

Wow That makes things ez,I bought a 65 bonniville in Fla. a few years back.The top was rotted from a vinyl top but the rest was pristine even the interior, it had all the same stuff...I think I paid 1,000.00 I loved that car but I never would have sought one out ,I never even saw one until I stumbled on it ,then I just had to have it. very cool car (I wish I had another set of those wheels they're worth a fortune)
The same goes with my 48 ply biz coupe I never would have sought one out... I saw an ad and checked it out ,thought it looked very cool and had a lot of potential so I bought it...but if I had a specific car in mind thats a heck of an idea...But I still like thrill of the hunt and talking to the people that have them..
Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Wow That makes things ez,I bought a 65 bonniville in Fla. a few years back.The top was rotted from a vinyl top but the rest was pristine even the interior, it had all the same stuff...I think I paid 1,000.00 I loved that car but I never would have sought one out ,I never even saw one until I stumbled on it ,then I just had to have it. very cool car (I wish I had another set of those wheels they're worth a fortune)
The same goes with my 48 ply biz coupe I never would have sought one out... I saw an ad and checked it out ,thought it looked very cool and had a lot of potential so I bought it...but if I had a specific car in mind thats a heck of an idea...But I still like thrill of the hunt and talking to the people that have them..
The thing is, when you know what you want you always end up with the best vehicle for the best deal. My Dad wanted a 64 Impala SS convertible. It took him almost a year to find it. He ended up buying one with about 40,000 miles. It's black with a silver interior and it's 100% rust free. The paint was original and was flawless in every detail. I think he paid just under 4,000.

It's amazing what the power of focus can do, just like in life or in business. I want to build a T-bucket so my focus is T-bucket only. In a few short weeks I have ended up with a body for $200, a frame for $200, a free 350 -4 bolt engine block, a free Holley carb from a buddy, a free TH-350 from another buddy and I already have a great intake and heads if I want to use it. I got to know T-bucket people in my state and have regular conversations with them now. Everything revolves around "T-bucket" and I will end up with something very affordable and fun given enough time.

If I wanted another 67 Chevelle I would eat, sleep, and breath "67" and I wouldn't think of anything else. In 3 months I would have a rust free 67 and probably for a great deal. Time and focus is what it's all about. Never ever, under any circumstances....be in a hurry. That's how foolish decisions are made.

My 2 cents anyhow

Mike
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM

All points taken, and thanks to you all for chatting with me about the situation..

Good advice, so now I just need to parce it all out and do the next best thing.

Will let you all know if I take the dive...

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.