How Much is the average 32? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Does anyone like this? I love it. Thats a tough choice between classic and that.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM

Last photo:

Let me try again.http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...front_view.jpg

Last edited by cpenrose; 09-16-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,147 Times in 946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose View Post
1932 Ford 3-window coupe. Did you catch the 1928 Ford Model A radiator shell?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 PM

Last photo:

Man I wish I could buy this right now! Gives me everything but the body which I could probably afford some of with the parts from this car. I could sell the frame to get a frame, lights for lights, and stuff like that. And I'd have a V-10 Coupe!Dodge : Viper GTS Coupe 2-Door in Dodge | eBay Motors
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM

Last photo:

Ah no I didn't catch that but it's a big difference.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
48 Plymouth Club Coupe

Last photo:

A little more advice that I am pretty sure you will not listen to because when I was your age I wouldn't listen to it either.

Maybe take a step back from a big block to a stock small block like a 318 / 283 / 289 or something in that range. You could always jump up to the big block once you have time and miles under your belt. In other word driving experience.

When I was 16 my uncle had a 70 Road Runner with a with a nasty 440 that would carry the front tires on launch and was a street car. He was going to sell it and said he would carry a note for me as I was helping him in his body shop. I was drooling over the car, but my mom said absolutely NO WAY. I was extremely POed and thought she was being a huge Biatch.

Looking back, I thank God she said no. The way I drove my 48 Plymouth with the flathead and my 3 deuce 327 / 4 speed 62 Impala, I would have killed myself or someone else with the Road Runner.

My suggestion is take it easy in the beginning and work your way up to a big block 32. I want to make sure that I follow your builds for years to come, not read about you wrapped around a tree somewhere.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Last photo:

I wouldn't wan't to kill myself either. I would just like to have the power when I need it, like at the strip. But anyway I couldn't get any of that. What car would be the best donor for front suspension, rear and stuff like that. Want to buy the engine separately. I plan on drag racing a lot.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Last photo:

BIG BLOCK in a deuce coupe? Kinda kills the vibe for me; but lots of guys do it. If you want to do it on the cheap, find a 27-T coupe body and make your own frame; S-10 axle and a i-beam front axle. Run a smallblock and a TH350 from a pick up truck or something. Throw some tuck n roll on a Dodge Caravan seat and call it good. 90% of what you want at 40% of the price.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Last photo:

Is that a bad idea building my own frame? My neighbor is a full time welder an my uncle has real equipment used to fix the aaa trucks. It seems a lot cheaper. How about this, anyone who has done one or knows prices, how much did you/they spend?
Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 PM

Last photo:

Don't buy a frame from TCI or whoever. Not that they're bad, but you'll probably find yourself modifying or adding to your brand new brightly painted $1,000 frame. Yes you can 'box' a model A frame. A couple problems here, you'll still probably want to cut it for a drop; and you're welding steel thats been subjected to who knows what for almost 100yrs. Learning things like scrub, radius, and designing your suspension...way quicker and easier. Use these plans as a sample. They're for a 'glas T'bucket. Ron Young drew these up, you'll see his posts on some websites under the name "Youngster." He's since passed away, and these plans are his way of giving something to guys like you. Are there things wrong with these plans? Not really, certainly things other guys might do differently, but nothing in here is a "bad" idea. A couple lengths of 2x3 box tubing and you're on your way.
http://www.netquickposse.org/tbucket...Plans_V1_0.pdf
Old 09-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Last photo:

So this is what my uncle said. He said it wouldn't be drivable everyday like in rain, and the insurance company wouldn't let me. Is that true? He also said it wouldn't be very safe since the rear is light. And he thinks the price is huge. This is about the 32. What do you guys think about that?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose View Post
So this is what my uncle said. He said it wouldn't be drivable everyday like in rain, and the insurance company wouldn't let me. Is that true? He also said it wouldn't be very safe since the rear is light. And he thinks the price is huge. This is about the 32. What do you guys think about that?
He is mostly right.
A small lightweight ill handling coupe with way too much motor isn't your best choice....and there isn't an insurance company on the planet that will give you the time of day.
If you want an old car as your first, try looking at 50's to 70's stuff....off brand, or more doors even better. 50's is dead cool, and my first choice always. But hard to find or fabricate parts sometimes. Look at some late 50's early 60's stuff, patina is cool, Mexican blankets make foraa nice interior, a cut coil or 2 and get it Down, some white walls, and enjoy having something unique, something reasonably reliable, and dead cool.....and room for your friends.....and a bench seat is a plus with the honey's....chicks don't dig tiny cramped loud rough riding coupes lol. Late 60's or early 70's allows for modern suspension, common power plants, easy and cheap parts. Lots of room for excellent stereo's....and all come with a cheap inital buy in and cheap insurance. Fast can come later....like anything else, get good before you get fast....in this instance I mean driving btw lol.
My son is 15, he has driven my low rider/rat rod meteor many times and loves it, big stereo, cool patina, his friends all dig it big time. He will ne driving it next year. I also have a very very quick 71 comet, think small muscle car sorta deal....and he has driven that, he thinks its cool and sounds nasty but his first choice for next year when he gets licened will be the big cruiser ......all I'm suggesting is keep an open mind, keep your goals realistic and acheivable, and for gods sake don't go to the dark side with the big H and a fart can.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Last photo:

ok ,sorry but your uncle is right, he has the tools and the skills. you say your 14 in your posts. i feel at this time you need to listen to your uncle he is your mentor.as you want a viper to start your build. at 50 i want a viper to start my build. so sit down with your uncle make sure you have 11k at your age in hand, and then your uncle can set you right. he is family he knows first hand so listen to him!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

You all say exactly what he did. He says look at 80s cars and I also like novas and challengers. They're probably pricey too. By that do you mean honda and the exhausts? If so you can rest assured that nothing but a frown will be on my face just looking at one those things....
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Banned

Last photo:

sorry guys but this is trolling to me, maybe wrong!!! put my last post on this one!!!

Tags
32 coupe

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.