How Much is the average 32? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You think I'm trolling? What proof do I need? I posted that when you did so I didn't see it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose View Post
You all say exactly what he did. He says look at 80s cars and I also like novas and challengers. They're probably pricey too. By that do you mean honda and the exhausts? If so you can rest assured that nothing but a frown will be on my face just looking at one those things....
Lol....yah, I meant Honda's......glad to hear that isn't gonna happen.....not to shamelessly self promote but here is my junk, and the big one is what my kid will share with me next summer..
Its reliable, its cool, its comfortable, its reasonably safe, gets decent mileage, has 1200 watts and a couple subs, I listen to CCR real loud, he listens to Odd Future real loud lol....and best of all I have $3400 in the entire deal.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 PM

Last photo:

Chevy nova 1972 $1500 Do you think this is in my budget? Don't be afraid to say no. What condition were they when you got them?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:37 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

75+ Disco novas are cheap. A buddy from highschool drove one, girls loved it and guys thought it was cool. None of them were ever fast enough to get hurt in (a plus to your parents and insurance provider) and they have most of the "musclecar" look to the average non-car person. Drain the bumper shocks with a drill and have your uncle weld them with the bumper shoved up against the body. Nice set of torque thrusts, a cheap turbo muffler and you're good to go as far as most are concerned.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:43 PM

Last photo:

What year is that?

Last photo:

Quote:
Chevy nova 1972 $1500 Do you think this is in my budget? Don't be afraid to say no. What condition were they when you got them?
I think you'd be better off buying something that runs and drives.

Last photo:

I do like the 72s is there a difference in price?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 PM

Last photo:

The black Nova is 75-79. They're cheaper than the 68-74's because they're aren't as pretty from the factory. The black paint, sucked in bumpers and good wheels and tires does wonders. This is what it might have looked like before:

Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM

Last photo:

Ok I know you guys are getting annoyed at this, say I had the money, and put a small small block in, would the 32 be street legal-all the time, and would it be safe from the light rear.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Last photo:

Like a 302 or smaller
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Its not a question of safe.....its skill....tiny car, short wheelbase, light weight, big motor.....then add a kid with zero experience in any of those things, add buddy's and girls to show off for, add rain, cold pavement, dew, darkness, etc etc.....its a recipe for disaster. My kid has driven shifter carts, dirt bikes, quads, and one seriously modded 1000cc mxz a few times. There is zero chance he s driving my 2800# 400hp comet without me around for awhile .....cause he is smart, but like all 16yr olds he is invincable and a walking hormone.
Again......the conversation isn't relivant because there isn't an insurance company that will touch you in a 32 ford.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
I payed 3k for the green Merc, have another few hundred in wheels and tunes, and thats it.... I bought it as you see it other then a heavy spring chop and the wheels.
The white comet i ended up buying for $4500, had to replace a dist module, and set up the Carb and timing. That's it.....and its a rocket ship.....
So for less then 8k I have 2 rides that are fun, reliable, one is fast and the other is dead cool.....
Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 PM

Last photo:

I'm glad to see you like the real hot rods, the 20's and 30's cars. But I will tell you unless you have a lot more money than you say you can get your hands on, there is no way you will build a 32 Ford. I'm building a 33 Ford 3w and I have a boat load of money in it and it is not done yet. I don't have any laor money in it as I did all the work.

I would listen to what Tech 1 said. I don't know what part of the country you live in but that should help you with your choice of cars, topless or top. Right now there are a ton of T's that have been started that you can buy at a good price. I would forget the big block, I would put a small block Ford in it, my choice, I don't want to make this a Ford Chevy thing. But seeing SBC in all the cars is getting pretty boring.

That said I would go on the net and look for 26/27 T's for sale. You could also think about a Model A any of the 4 years, I like the 28 grille, but it's your choice.

As far as insurance goes, when I started driving, well I was only 14, you had to be 15 to be legal but I lived out of town, my parents didn't like it but they let me go. I had a 27"T" Roadster, built by me and my friends, they were all 7 years older than me, but I was big for my age plus I worked in a junk yard cutting up cars and pulling the good bodies off to the side, just about every one I knew had got a body from me.
Anyhow I had put my car in my dads name it lowered the rate some but I still paid a good amount.

It will be more now I'm sure, but any steering wheel you put in your hands will cost. Driving a hot rod, you will have to use your head when in it, the eyes of the town will be on you, which means the police,and you don't want to be on the wrong side of them.

I know at your age you have trouble listening to us old guys, no matter what you get, SB or BB it will be fast, You said you wanted to drag race it, well then you will have to build it to NHRA spec. Just make it safe and when out drive it, don't let your little head do the thinking for you big head.

Bob
Old 09-18-2013, 07:36 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Even if you had $30k to buy or build a '32 Ford, could you afford the insurance bill each year? Any insurance company that would even consider insuring a young person for this vehicle would charge so much for insurance that you'd probably have nothing left for gas. Most likely the cost of insuring you to drive it will be enough to build another car each year.
I'd forget the '32 for now, unless you want to start building it, and plan on not finishing until you're over 25 yrs. old when rates drop.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM

Last photo:

If you live in the snowbelt; you're better off getting a little S10 or Ranger and putting a stereo in it.

Im in my early 30s and I grew up on a farm. I was driving huge tractors at your age, Ive always been a good driver (mostly cuz I could drive like a lunatic in the field truck and not hurt anyone but myself LOL)

I had a 2nd Gen camaro when I was younger. It was NOT cheap to insure. I spent all of my money...literally ALL of it in gas, insurance and speeding tickets; not to mention stereo equip, rear tires, brakes, sparkplugs, oil etc.

My friend had an Eagle Talon awd turbo that would hand my car its butt whenever he wanted, and attracted all the girlies, got 25mpg or so and was cheap at the time to insure.

Your best bet is to NOT daily drive your hotrod. Get a dependable 4cyl beater thats cheap, cheap, cheap to insure and maintain. Think S10 4cylinder 2wheel drive pick up

Right now I have an 87 trans am. Its heavy, underpowered and rides like a bus. I got it for 1300 bucks and it needed new paint, new brakes, new fuel lines, new vacuum hoses and some interior work. Its now worth about 4500 bucks. Its cheap to insure as a daily driver (I have an 02 malibu for my real daily beater, but the TA gets driven almost daily). Will it win races? No. Does it look cool? Not to most of the old guys LOL. But it was what was cool when I was in high school; just like 68 chargers were when my dad was in high school, and 32 fords when his father was in school.

A few things: Nothing sucks worse than not being able to go out with your friends in high school because you need to make your insurance payment on a car that gets absolutely horrid mileage and breaks down a lot. Would I do things different? Yeah I woulda left the tired little motor in the camaro. Painted it, recovered the seats and drove it a LOT. But I tried to build something from hotrod magazine and it was my only car. When I pulled the motor; I had to cut corners because I had school in a couple days.

I sold it to go to college.

My girlfriend loves driving my little trans am. all the boys check her out and ask questions...no one asks me about it LOL BUT she doesnt understand things like it doesnt have anti-lock brakes and traction control; or that she should really try to AVOID potholes. It sucks in the rain too.

If you want a fun to drive daily driver; find a Bonneville SSei with the supercharged V6, or a early 2000s Buick Regal or Pontiac Grand Prix with the same motor. Big car, full bodied, 4 doors, doesnt look to bad. Reliable, fairly easy to work on, cheap to insure....AND ITS GOT A BLOWER lol

Or get a pick up truck.

Then build your pride and joy.

Tags
32 coupe

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.