How Much is the average 32? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

About skill, I honestly am a natural driver. I have been riding, dirtbikes since 5, race gokarts sometimes, have an offroad gokart, captain my own little 12 foot boat, and am mechanic and second driver of our 35 foot boat. I also have been real driving around my neighborhood in our Durango for about a year now. I'm the only one in my family that can back up a trailer lol. Even my dad can't but he's mechanically retarded and from the city so he doesn't count lol. Not saying I'm ready for nascar, just a little ahead compared to most kids my age. What about sedans? Are they too dangerous too? My whole life is my toys so I have to have a nice car. I'm just saying, I want something very unique.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:12 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Any of the prewar cars with more than adaquate horsepower could be a sketchy ride in the right conditions. Doubtful that you would be able to handle it if the rear went out from under it.. Get your dad or uncle to front you the money for this or something like it. 62 ford falcon for trade
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 PM

Last photo:

Are you the same Matt from Iboats and glenl? If so you must think I'm horribly out of my mind. Jumping around projects. This one is serious though and it's frustrating me lol. Too many cars to choose from but I need a car. Boats aren't needed. But anyway it's basically 95% no with the coupe. That should make you guys happy. Looking for another car is hard. I want the project and am perfectly willing to spend all my money on it. By the way, if my parents "own" the car, doesn't that make the insurance a lot cheaper?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose
Are you the same Matt from Iboats and glenl? If so you must think I'm horribly out of my mind. Jumping around projects. This one is serious though and it's frustrating me lol.
Yes. and you said that the last time, and the time before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose
Too many cars to choose from but I need a car. Boats aren't needed. But anyway it's basically 95% no with the coupe. That should make you guys happy. Looking for another car is hard. I want the project and am perfectly willing to spend all my money on it. By the way, if my parents "own" the car, doesn't that make the insurance a lot cheaper?
Not for 2 more years, and thru our other exchanges on Iboats and Glen-L, I'm not sure you have much money beyond your dad and uncles.. As for insurance, yes it would be cheaper, but if your dead set on a Hotrod it might have to wait depending on NJ law. If hotrods are titled differently then you probably need collector insurance ( most have it anyway ), but with collector insurance, the vehicle cannot be driven by anyone under the age of 25.. My advice is to seek out a mid 60's stocker and fix it up to be driven. They can have regular liability insurance on them and it would be cheap. The Falcon I posted would probably go for the right amount of cash if you offered it. I bet less than $2,500. I've owned a Falcon and they are easy to work on, decent on gas and they do look cool.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpenrose View Post
Are you the same Matt from Iboats and glenl? If so you must think I'm horribly out of my mind. Jumping around projects. This one is serious though and it's frustrating me lol. Too many cars to choose from but I need a car. Boats aren't needed. But anyway it's basically 95% no with the coupe. That should make you guys happy. Looking for another car is hard. I want the project and am perfectly willing to spend all my money on it. By the way, if my parents "own" the car, doesn't that make the insurance a lot cheaper?
I suspect you will have a lot more fun with either a cruiser that you can pile your buddies In, or even something like a disco nova you can make fast then the headaches and commitment a duece is going to come with......
I assume you have seen American Graffiti?
While Miners coupe is very cool, check out the 58 impala driven by Toad.
Understated, yet dead cool.....made me fall in love with 50's cars and is now my all time fav car I hope to own.
Much much cheaper to get into then your 32, and much safer.
As for insurance, where I live to even get classic car insurance means you have to be over 25, if going with regular vehicle insurance in a household with equal vehicles to licenced drivers, this automatically puts the highest risk driver (that's you btw) as the primary driver on the highest valued vehicle in the home. So unless mom and dad drive junk, and your "hotrod" is a beater, your insurance could be huge.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Last photo:

What; no blue Citroen CV? Seriously though, the 58 impala is the unsung hero of that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
I assume you have seen American Graffiti?
While Miners coupe is very cool, check out the 58 impala driven by Toad.
Understated, yet dead cool.....made me fall in love with 50's cars and is now my all time fav car I hope to own.
Much much cheaper to get into then your 32, and much safer.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
What; no blue Citroen CV? Seriously though, the 58 impala is the unsung hero of that movie.
So over shadowded by the 2 Lane car and Milners......but just perfectly done.....every Aug I go to a weekend show and a perfect clone shows up and i fall in love all over lol....
Old 09-19-2013, 03:03 PM

Last photo:

Oh my god that car is awesome. I actually haven't seen American Graffiti but I have seen the coupe. I really have fallen in love with the 72 nova. I'm not a big fan of the boxiness of the 75+. I also love impalas, but I never saw one that old and they look awesome.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

There are lots of cars that can be made to look great, and wont break the bank to buy the car to start with. My last two builds started with a $1900 car, and a $550 car. Both complete, but not running. Both are still under $10,000 ea. after getting them street worthy. The last one (my '63 Falcon) still needs carpet and paint, but well under $10k in it.
My 1946 British Austin, 327 Chevy:

My 1963 Falcon, 464 Chevy:
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971BB427 View Post
There are lots of cars that can be made to look great, and wont break the bank to buy the car to start with. My last two builds started with a $1900 car, and a $550 car. Both complete, but not running. Both are still under $10,000 ea. after getting them street worthy. The last one (my '63 Falcon) still needs carpet and paint, but well under $10k in it.
My 1946 British Austin, 327 Chevy:

My 1963 Falcon, 464 Chevy:
I love austins and anglia's......but that falcon is absolutly dead nuts perfect......I need a Gasser.....
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Last photo:

Parents said if I pay I can get this nova.Chevy nova 1972 $1500 . I just got $650 bid on my gokart in 15 mins. Got 5 days left.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Last photo:

What should I ask the guy?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

I dunno kid, that's a huge project, even if it was free...it looks like a cool long term project, but will nickel and dime you to death.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
I dunno kid, that's a huge project, even if it was free...it looks like a cool long term project, but will nickel and dime you to death.
+2. Seriously, I'd find a runner with all the major body parts at least. You don't want to be hunting down parts on a vintage car just so it can be a driver.

What about this one?

1973 Chevy Nova
Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:

Any of these close by or look intresting to you?
1982 Chevrolet Camaro, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com
Here's a good starter hot rod, worst case it needs rear rails which are cheap and not real difficult.
1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com
Now this is cool....the right wheels, air ride to get it in the weeds.....and instant cool cruiser in beautiful shape...you need to envision what any of these could be.....not what they are.
1971 Ford LTD, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com
http://m.ebayclassifieds.com/1954-me...?adId=22895999

Tags
32 coupe

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.