How much for a beat up little ratrod like this? - Page 13 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The grill is a def a 34.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM

hey ,
This might be late for you but i want to let you know from a kid that learn the hard way.

I was hunting and litterly fell threw the windshield of my first car I was 13yrs old.
I asked my uncle what is was and he noticed i had a interest in the car.

the advantage is that he and my G-father owed a gas station for years so he knew how to work on cars. I didn't know squat.

But figure out what kind of cars you like. find out what those cars are.
I you like trucks then look at them and figure out what they are.

Also if you listen to allot of the old timers they will tell you a truck for a first project is better then a car. for the simple fact there is less to them.

But this is not always the truth . some of the guys here have a whole lot more work in their trucks then i had in my car and it was a 56 Chevy.

i now have a had several other cars and just recently found a great deal for a 49 ford truck.

But to learn you can find tons of information these days on line.
when i did it they didn't even know what a computer was for at home LOL

they were the size of most houses back then. here i sit with it on my lap.

but the point is find the car/ truck you want and like .
then start looking for one that you can afforded. if you look hard enough and long enough you will find one.

Also if you wan to do some thing like a custom car. then look for the car of your choice and find someones parts car that is not completely tore apart. but that is complete as you can afforded.

and start restoring it. one part at a time.

another thing to do is get in to the old junk yard in your area. not sure where you live but most small towns have one around them and if you take the time to look you might find what your looking for there.

When i started with my car i would go out and find parts from cars like the 56 Chevy . weather i had them or not. i cant tell you how many hours i put in to polishing hub caps and also restoring head light buckets. and several other small parts that i could afforded to buy. then i would take them to the showers and ask around if they knew someone looking for any of the parts i had that were done.

Also side moldings that were in good shape that you can polish were good sellers also. and in my case i did models real well and would restore emblems also.

but i have gone on long enough Good luck!! and dont give up is the best thing i can tell ya.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Last photo:

the first one, probably isnt worth much, the guy probably has like a grand in it. the other one though belongs to one of the members of ZZ top, and is worth a whole lot of money im sure because of that.

but if your really interested in rat rods, go check out the KillBillet.com forums. Those guys are a lot of help on where to find. and theres a lot of good information and defination of what a rat rod is.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Datsun Hotrod

Last photo:

Im not that old but heres my car I drove to high school back in 82' I didnt read all the posts but got the general Idea, this car is all I could aford and yes I built it myself, I would of prefered a nicer newer car but I didnt have the money at the time its basically junk others didnt want , I never called it a rat rod it was just my old model A ., I ended up falling asleep one evening and rolled the car, and at the time it had a metal top I had welded up I walked away from it with only bruses ita a very light car

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_55...IDJZHBCr0YU_jz
Old 12-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Last photo:

How much for a bat up little rat rod like this?

That's a great little ride. Did you put it back on the road?

Youngster

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.