Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much for a beat up little ratrod like this?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:23 PM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: How much for a beat up little ratrod like this?

The so called ratrod is what really started the hotrod craze. As a kid i watched the older kids build there hotrods in this same way. They used whatever part they could find, and when they got it to a certain point that made them happy they drove them, raced them, and just had fun with them. This was true hottrodding at that time. As time has changed so has the hotrod, but dont cut these old rods down. We all have the right to build what we like and what we can afford. Sat nights back then were just as much fun as they are now,because back then we did not cut the other guys car down. I like the rods being built today, and love the thoughts that went into building them, but i also like the rods of yesterday. They will always be a part of hotrodding. And sure some were not to safe, but gosh the rush was still there.There is no one person out there that is the best builder, and no one car that is the best car, and this will never change. So if you want to build a cheap hotrod then go for it, but build it as safe as you can, and then drive it and enjoy what you have created.You will still make new friends.And yes whatch out for the ones you see on e-bay. You can build your own for alot less.

Last edited by Mrwood; 01-05-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: forgot cost issue