Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much for a beat up little ratrod like this?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 05:16 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
...People (rodders) have had to fight over the years to keep their hobby from being legislated out of existence...
This is a good point 1owner and something I think we neglect at times. The "law" can put us out of business in a split second if they so choose. Right now there is enough clout (SEMA etc.) to keep street rods on the road. But given enough accidents and disasters caused by poorly built rods and no amount of clout under the sun will stop the onslaught or regulations and restrictions.

To me that means our sport must practice a great deal of self restraint AND self regulation. We not only need to build our OWN rods up to appropriate safety standards, we need to make an effort to insure that other rodders do the same. That is why threads like this are important. So that younger rodders can see why some of us old geezer harp so much about using good judgment in the design and construction of any rod which will be driven on the highway. The hot rodding community simply can't afford to have renegade unsafe time bombs out there on the highway.