Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how much does it cost?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly-Roller
dont spray it man, its easy enough to get it into the 12's without blowin up the engine. its your car, but i would do a little research on how much damage the bottle can do to youe engine.
I suggest you do a little research too on Nitrous Oxide. It can be very safe and very effective when used in the proper application and done with all the safety precautions in place.

The Lt'1 are great motors and have a lot of potential. Unless this engine is in need of an overhaul, I wouldn't be concerned about yanking it and having it worked over. Id invest my money in the LT4 package (which includes heads and intake) and hotcam. That alone should drop you into low 13's high 12's.

There are so many bolt on's for the LT1 you'll be able to spend money for ages on them if you so choose. Summit has a section in the back of their magazine JUST for these engines.

So like I said, unless it needs to be rebuilt, dont worry about it. You can get into the 12's without nitrous no problem. However, before diving into this project, become as familiar as possible with the LT1 injection system (Basically a TPI). Lots of potential just in the tuning of this system.