how much is a ford 428 fe engine worth - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

how much is a ford 428 fe engine worth

my dad has a 428 big block he needs to sell due to medical needs.its an FE 428.bored 20 over with stock height pistons.rv cam for low end torque.hooker steel headers.aluminum edelbrock 4 barrell intake,stock ignition.comes with ford "tri-power" (3 two barrell holley carbs and intake)with the original thunderbird aluminum air cleaner (with t bird emblem).not trying to get rich here,just want to know my dad is getting a fair price for his stuff.if someone has an interest in it please let me know.has a flywheel for a standard transmission also.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

ford forums

You could probably get more action on one of the Ford forums. I haven't seen a poll here but from most of the questiopns chevies are most popular here. google... Ford Fe forums. You will get several..... Club cobra,.... network 54 ....fepower.net..... ford forums .....fordfe , ....Just a few
Old 12-01-2012, 07:34 PM

if the engine is out of the car,consider what was posted above and also dont be surprised if someone asks to tear it down. Make sure that the person interested has to pay for part of the inspection even if they dont buy
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Dont know what state your in but here in Ga the tri power with linkage filters and linkeage is worth as much as the engine it probably came off of a 406 cu in 1961 or 1962 the 427 had 2 holly 4 barrel i just purchaced complete ynit tri power for big block chevy and new crate motor 496 cu in i paid more for induction than i did for the engine check a site called Racing Junk they are broken down in cataglory race street dirt car etc you should be able to get information Good luck also you need to know if it ispolice package ,CJ cobra jet or SCJ super cobra jet,or interseptor or standard 428 Big difference in price and performance

Last edited by 496CHEVY3100; 12-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Last photo:

This would be the forum to check out: 332-428 Ford FE Engine Forum They live and breathe FE FORD's.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Old & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobidges View Post
my dad has a 428 big block he needs to sell due to medical needs.its an FE 428.bored 20 over with stock height pistons.rv cam for low end torque.hooker steel headers.aluminum edelbrock 4 barrell intake,stock ignition.comes with ford "tri-power" (3 two barrell holley carbs and intake)with the original thunderbird aluminum air cleaner (with t bird emblem).not trying to get rich here,just want to know my dad is getting a fair price for his stuff.if someone has an interest in it please let me know.has a flywheel for a standard transmission also.
I sold an engine on ebay and did good. Had to relist it do to lackof intrest. But once i said it was in the car and running and showed so long as burn out marks proving it was right and offered to take someone for a ride if they wanted. I also did all the work of removing cause i wanted the job done right since i was building a bigger engine for the car.

If its out of the car set it up on a stand with a gas bottle and make sure it fires rigth up when someone comes to buy. Even if that means a little warm up before they show.

No warranties or tear downs f that they can listen to it run if they got a problem after they leave you dont give a damn. Make that clear. Some ppl will make big mistakes and think your going to pay for them. So get it out in the open before you talk about the good stuff or even start it up.

Big blocks are going away fast ask good money and let your self be talked downa little i would think 2500 for block and heads is cheap and the rest easily another 2500 depending on how rare they are. Also once you have a price go to the drag strip and car shows and ask around someone will show some intrest. Make up flyers and hand them out with a story about helping dad get back on his feet. A motor like that with a cool story attched will sell no problems.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.