How much should I expect to pay? Total re-upholser 41 cab - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

How much should I expect to pay? Total re-upholser 41 cab

Hello interior fellas,
I will be getting bids for redoing my interior which is now in tweed, to change to black or tan colored leather. I'm getting bids here in town... San Antonio,tx
Thought I'd ask folks I can trust (thats you) to see what a good bid would be. Interior is complete, all panels, headliner, seat cover, ect. Carpet will be replaced as well. I don't really mind re-using patterns already there, but would like a little bit cleaner look. By the way, I am redoing because the tweed looks dirty and stained on the seat. I don't like the color either..... Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41 Interior 1.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	65950   Click image for larger version

Name:	41 Interior 2.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	65951   Click image for larger version

Name:	41 Interior 4.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	65952   Click image for larger version

Name:	41 Interior 5.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	65953   Click image for larger version

Name:	41 Interior 6.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	65954  

Advertisement

Last edited by jsm1847; 06-09-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: more info needed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

That all depends on a lot of things. If you have any of the present interior parts replaced with a completely new design, it will cost you more.
Leather will cost you significantly more than fabric, vinyl or Ultraleather. The hardest part will be the headliner, but if that comes out easily and can be easily duplicated, it's better than starting from scratch. Also, you have the panels in place behind the seat up to the headliner. That is a bonus also.
The seat is a pretty basic bench. I won't do a seat without stripping it down to the frame, repairing any broken springs or structural damage, and re-padding it. If you just want a cover over what is already there, that would be less expensive.
The more you ask for , the more it will cost. Without seeing the truck close up, I would guess $3500 to $5000.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Last photo:

Dan,
Thanks for your knowledge and reply! My budget was shooting for more like $2000. Any ideas to meet my goal? I really don't mind vinyl as long as it's nice. And I am fairly handy and can do some of my own work, like door panels. Seat cover is out of my ballpark, as well as headliner. I'm pretty sure I can do carpet as well. AND....
I wouldn't even mind doing some things in leather/vinyl/ultra leather and the others in fabric like maybe the headliner.
Whatd ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

I see you are in Texas. Gets pretty warm there. Personnally I would opt for cloth upholstery instead of vynil.I think it would be a lot more comfortable on hot days. Just My opinion.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm1847
Dan,
Thanks for your knowledge and reply! My budget was shooting for more like $2000. Any ideas to meet my goal? I really don't mind vinyl as long as it's nice. And I am fairly handy and can do some of my own work, like door panels. Seat cover is out of my ballpark, as well as headliner. I'm pretty sure I can do carpet as well. AND....
I wouldn't even mind doing some things in leather/vinyl/ultra leather and the others in fabric like maybe the headliner.
Whatd ya think?

If you do it all in vinyl, it will save you a third of what I quoted you. You'd still be looking at $2400 to $3500. If you did just the seat cover in leather and used other materials to do the rest it will save you a bunch also. Anything you can do yourself will save you some money, but your best bet it to take the truck to some upholsterers and get some prices right from them.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.