Hot Rod Forum banner

how much stall for a Blown BBC

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
I am building a 48 Anglia, with a Blown BBC and a turbo 400, 8.5 cr, I was told by the Tranny builder that I should use a 25-2800 stall,, the car probably won't weigh much over 2000 # if that,,

Its mostly for the street but a occasionally might do a few trips down the strip

Thanks Bill

#6 ·
I would go with a 2800 behind that big block.. A 2800 will give you right around 3000 behind a big block.. A 3000 will be putting you around 3400.. Just something to think about.. Be careful.. Anything over 3000 on the street can be a pain in the butt sometimes... It will get old fast.. ;)

#7 ·
NEW INTERIORS said:
I would go with a 2800 behind that big block.. A 2800 will give you right around 3000 behind a big block.. A 3000 will be putting you around 3400.. Just something to think about.. Be careful.. Anything over 3000 on the street can be a pain in the butt sometimes... It will get old fast.. ;)

Yeah Randy,, I know all about those high stalls on the street,, real PITA to drive,,thats why I was inquiring .. I already have a lower stall streetfighter from Hughes, around 22 -25 I think,, but like you said a big block would raise that a little,,like maybe up to like 28, it says not to use it behind H- perf motors,, sure don't want to blow a converter the first thing out :nono: but what the hell is another 4-500 bucks ,, for a toy? :D
What are you running in your Willys,, got it on the street yet? Thats a *****in mo-chine Dude

#8 ·
I have a 2800 to 3000 in it.. with 456 gears.. I ''MAY'' be taking them out to go with some 373 gears.. It will break your neck right now.. :D I didn't get it on the road yet...I have a couple of things left to do to it.. ''Money'' has been very tight right now.. Have to get a few things in the shop done first.. I have been making a few shows here with it lately... :D Took it for a few rides down the street.. :mwink: Every now in then I need that RUSH.. Not the one that comes in a bottle.. :mwink: I had it for sale.. BUT everyone want's to buy it for $25,000.00... :mad: :nono: I told them: I BET YOU DO !!!! :spank: :boxing: :smash: I will stick it in the corner with a cover over it.. And Let it sit..The market will go back up sooner are later.. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.