Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much time do you spend 400/600 sanding?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
I'm a scientist, not a professional body man. And I've already been through 8 years of school.
Does that mean you cant learn anything else???? I learned the HARD way about these primers and blocking also..8 yrs is nothing..As much as you gonna hate hearing this: This is what I would do at this point...get a long stiff block and 80 grit and block all that poly off leaving it in the waves but nothing left where it isnt needed...spray two coats of SPI epoxy and block that with 180 dry then two more coats blocked out with a long rubber block 400 wet....then 600 ...
something else that poly primer does well is chip real easy...so be extra sure theres none at the edges like your jambs and wheel openings...
Since your not a pro I'll asume that your doing this for fun and enjoyment not to mention a love of old cars..Theres nothing fun about blocking so why make it harder than it needs to be you can block that off of there in no time and make things much more enjoyable using SPI and it'll last....