How much torque can a 700R4 handle? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

WOW! You've got a picture of you and William launching together. 2 of my 4L60E's Thanks, Alex. BTW, I've built quite a few 4L60E's for your group up there and friends in Baltimore. Ever hear of a single one of my '60E's breaking an input drum? Or wasting 3-4 frictions? Or 2-4 band failure? After 3 years, your's broke a hardened 4L65E shaft, but the 3-4's and band still looked like new. Now, with the billet output shaft, we've eliminated that weak point.

Frank

Last edited by 10scnd70; 10-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scnd70
WOW! You've got a picture of you and William launching together. 2 of my 4L60E's Thanks, Alex. BTW, I've built quite a few 4L60E's for your group up there and friends in Baltimore. Ever hear of a single one of my '60E's breaking an input drum? Or wasting 3-4 frictions? Or 2-4 band failure? After 3 years, your's broke a hardened 4L65E shaft, but the 3-4's and band still looked like new. Now, with the billet output shaft, we've eliminated that weak point.

Frank
Out of about 15 people i know with ur transmission, we have only had two failures. That is mine with the broken output shaft after 3 years, and the wagon who broke the input sprag when he busted the rear at the starting line. And sum of these guys are going on 5 years like all the d.c. Bbody guys.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Last photo:

And again i didnt come in here to back frank up or anything like that. I simply came in cuz he asked can he post a pic of my car so i checked the thread out after and i wanted to write in to let u guys im not a made up person!!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:

Frank
You're so surprised!! Do you think we're stupid?? You bring in a shill, who btw street races? Nice. Totally grade school stuff, with the adolescent ego to match. You've got to be kidding, lol.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Frank,

Please , me intimidated by you? Nope. You are a one transmission guy. That is wonderful. I am not going anywhere soon, although I hope to retire when I hit the big 6-0 in 2.4 yrs.

Dont confuse my work load with your one trans build. I build a full line of transmissions that work on streets, off road racing and even trans in machines that launch gliders. Why any person would want to ride in an airplane with no engine is beyond me personally.

Lets see; Load release springs work well on daily street vehicles when the spring cages are re-worked slightly. My 4l60 trans have gone 100's of thousands of miles.

i dont like kolene steels in race units. Virtually every builder I know do not use them in a trans to be drag raced. Who knew so many guys with big reps were wrong?

I will take a few photos of the aluminum piston in the molded steel piston. You must be afraid to get the parts in front of you and learn something on how to modify them.

Sorry I was unclear on the video of the engine. I work with high horsepower door cars now. No body's 4L60E (the one trans you build good) will hold that power.

No need for me to whine to moderators, I am a mod... remember? These folks talk all the time Frank. Your thread on faulty transmission cooler design got plenty of laughs in the moderator forum and I did not even bring up that thread. LOL , The member's comment on making hot water by bending up some copper pipe like a tube n fin cooler was real funny.

Membership has also sent me links to various web forums with folks complaints about you and your slow service. I disregard that since in any business there are upset customers

Last edited by Crosley; 10-03-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: left out a few words
Old 10-02-2011, 10:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley
Membership has also sent me links to various web forums with folks complaints about you and your slow service. I disregard that since in any business there are upset customers
Threads from over 2 years ago? Yeah, I got in too far over my head. When you're the best, everyone wants your stuff. I couldn't handle the work load I put on myself.

Again, I don't have 3-4 failures with using Kolene steels in high HP race 4L60E's.
If you want to use load release springs, that's up to you. I, on the other hand, want the 3-4's to last.

There's no reason to modify an aluminum over-run piston. Steel set up is better and works with a stock input drum.

I wouldn't want to ride in an airplane without an engine either.

Now, about my ego. I'll admit, I'm a very competative person. I'm a drag racer, and I spent many years as a street racer. I put an amazing amount of confidence in the work I do and the transmission I build. am I cocky? Yes. Do I think I'm one of the best 4L60E builders in the country? Yes. That doesn't mean I should totally discount other builders and their beliefs. If what you do works for you, then go with it. But, I won't ever walk away from an arguement if somebody tries to tell me I'm doing something wrong. That's just the nature of being competative. The reality is, if you ask 5 different builders how to build a transmission, you'll get 5 different answers.

The original topic of this post was how much torque can a 700 handle? I posted pictures of some of my customers cars, hanging the front wheels, which is a good display of how much torque a 700 /'60E can handle. I had others come here and question my abilities, and was even accused of posting pictures that weren't my customers cars, so I came out swinging.

As far as the cooler thread? I still see alot of theory rebutals, but nobody has put temp guages on one to prove me wrong yet, have they?

None of this pissing contest is helping any members with tech questions. People wanted proof of how much one of these transmissions could handle, and I showed them. I have no problem with there being other transmission builders on here. The more input a member can get to a question, the better...but...If anybody is going to directly accuse me of building something wrong, they better come packing proof. Their proof had better be a 4L60E that can run quicker than a high 9 in a 4300# car and last several seasons.

I'm going to my neutral corner for now.

Frank
Old 10-02-2011, 10:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68NovaSS
You're so surprised!! Do you think we're stupid?? You bring in a shill, who btw street races? Nice. Totally grade school stuff, with the adolescent ego to match. You've got to be kidding, lol.
Funny...He makes enough money street racing in a weekend to buy your car... Not that he'd need it...I'm sure his is quicker.

Frank
Old 10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

IMO your best bet is to forget about the fin and tube "heater" theory and stick to something you know. There's no need to repeat a test if the test is seen to be flawed from the get-go.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:56 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
IMO your best bet is to forget about the fin and tube "heater" theory and stick to something you know. There's no need to repeat a test if the test is seen to be flawed from the get-go.
It's not a theory, if it's been proven...

Frank
Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 PM
WFO

Last photo:

Quote:
It's not a theory, if it's been proven...

Frank
"if it's been proven..." is the operative phrase here...

I'd suggest we not get sidetracked, anyway. THIS thread is about TH700R4's and the torque they'll handle.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Funny...He makes enough money street racing in a weekend to buy your car... Not that he'd need it...I'm sure his is quicker.

Frank
We don't condone street racing here, and those who do, and those who promote it, aren't welcome, take the hint, pull up your big boy pants and grow up. You're a real piece of work!

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 PM

Last photo:

Ok, since I started this thread on how much torque can a 700R4 take....and since the whole smear has gone into the toilet....and since Mr. 4L60e himself who is obviously a legend in his own mind has taken it over for commercial purposes.....and since I /we don't condone street racing....can we send this to the dump at my request....please.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:33 AM
WFO

Last photo:

Maybe just locking it might be the better solution- no need to throw away the good info contained in this thread.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68NovaSS
Now thats not nice of u to talk trash about me when u dont even no me. Especially when ur wrong. That street race we had a permit for. There was a cop, fire engine, and ambulance there. So sorry u that was not an illegal street race. And if it was illegal i dont think the road wood be prepped 50 feet out and i wouldnt be lifting the wheels on the street. Youtube impalexss and u will see nothing but track videos. I wouldnt have posted an illegal street race video when no forums like street racing. So i think ur a little salty
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

For the time, this thread is locked. After a discussion in the moderator forum, it will be re-opened after a clean up I imagine

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.