Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much would you charge?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4gmc
I always have problems quoting prices as well. its much easier on a job type you have done already but when a new/different job comes in I have trouble pricing. I am pretty good at material estimations but the time part gets me. Sometimes I blow through a project and sometimes it takes a couple tries before I am satisfied(we're all picky!).

location has a lot to do with it as well, I know I couldn't charge half what I do here in the big city as I could in my small hometown for the same job. maybe shop some local upholsterers and see what they would charge to "duplicate" one of your door panels.

edited, forgot to give you props on the work. tremendous job man, looks great, I would be proud.
Thanks. Thats exactly what I was going to do when I finish it up. Go around to local shops and see how much they would charge. Only problem is I dont think any local shops around me can do this type of work. I live in the bay area so theres gotta be someone that can do this. If anyone knows of a shop that does this type of work in the bay area let me know, Id like to check them out!