Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much would you charge?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So I gave up on those visor binding clips, that one sunvisor company sells them, but for $17 a set. No way Im spending that for those unless I really need them.

Did a couple more visors and was doing a dash pad today. I like to do all my top stitching with 138, but I think Ive finally realized my singer 111 doesnt consistantly sew 138 nice. Its been a pain to get the tension right when using that size, even when I think I have it right I get these inconsistent sections of really bad stitches, and Ill even get my top thread shredded sometimes. Ill spend hours trying to get it setup, but I still cant ever get it perfect. Ive basically tried everything.

So I did one set in 138 came out OK, but the stitches werent as nice as I like. Switched over to 92 on another set and it flew through them flawlessly. Am I right on this or am I just not setting up the machine right for 138? What are some good machines I can pick up used that can sew the larger thread real easy, Id like to be able to sew up to 270.

Heres the ones I did in 92 and they came out perfect.