Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much would you charge?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So I got one just about done. Waiting for some clips to finish the back panel off on it. For the back I screwed wood strips around the inside of the seat frame to tack my cover down and welded tabs for the back panel clips. I did the string technique on the back cushion listings to pull them tight and the bottom cushion listings are hog ringed down like the stock way.

My center inserts werent following the dip of my seat foam though . So what could be the reason for causing that? Im thinking my center inserts were sized slightly too wide causing them to poof up in the center. So what I ended up doing was running a tiny strip of adhesive right down the center to keep it from poofing up. Worked perfect, but I just dont like the fact of having to use adhesive even though I only used a tiny amount. Is this something that can happen when doing seats that dip down and is the adhesive acceptable? Ive heard of seats coming from factory with glued down listings so Im not too worried about doing it.

For a first seat project Im pretty happy, I learned a lot doing these.

Started with the console first before the seats since all I really needed to do was copy the stock cover. I ended up wrapping the entire thing and doing some work to the cup holders.