Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much would you charge?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobbiker View Post
So it seems. Looks like placing seams in strategic locations helps with the complexity of the shapes. I'll have lots of time to practice, though.

Can't wait to get situated. Good luck with the build.
The seams will help you tailor the cover to the dash. All the ones Ive done so far arent very difficult for making templates, the hardest thing I found with making a cover was just sewing a nice consistent french seam. Practice, practice, practice.

The 86 chevy truck pad I did I thought was actually pretty difficult when it came to the wrapping part. That was the most complex pad Ive done so far, but just getting used to working the material and getting a nice finish is the most difficult out of doing a pad. Especially around weird shapes.

The most important Thing Ive learned with a pad is to prep it right. Especially if its out of an older car. I was recently asked about redoing the same pad like the 86 chevy truck one I did. I couldnt believe the guy who did it actually owned a custom upholstery shop. And it was pretty bad, Nothing was repaired before foaming, he didnt block sand the foam before wrapping and his seams were terrible. Everything was lifting under the foam.