Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How much would you charge?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just checking this now since I posted. Not really sure what the ^above comments are about. Looks like some got deleted. If they were intended toward me sorry if I gave off the impression that upholstery was "easy". Im the last person that will say upholstery is easy, Its very difficult and underappreciated. I know Im trying to teach myself, maybe that makes it seem as if I think its easy. Im no dummy though, I tend to comprehend things better than most people and have skills most people dont have. I take learning and doing this type of work seriously.

I just simply wanted to make sure I was on the right track with estimating out leather. Havent used it much yet. Hides cost a lot of $$$ and its kind of intimidating making sure I get the correct amount ordered. I know its "basic math". I estimated out the sqft in a yard of vinyl and then figured out how much is in say a 55sqft hide. Always nice to double check and get the opinion of someone whos been doing this for years and is a proffessional.

Anyways I always appreciate any answers to questions I have, theyre always helpful.

Heres another one that would help me out. What is good for removing excess adhesive off leather? Doesnt come off as easy as on vinyl.

This is what I just did in leather along with dash pad, visors and door carpets. PVC board as suggested by Dan really helped me out with these. My new favorite material.

What I started with.

Last edited by crsweet91; 01-14-2013 at 12:45 AM.