How to plumb a gas powered air compressor - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

How to plumb a gas powered air compressor

I would like to have a detailed drawing on how to plumb a gas powered air compressor. I want to fix me a gas powered air compressor when the tank reaches the set air pressure the gas engine will still run with some type of relief valve to operate the points so the air pressure will be regulated to cut on and off. Please help me with this project.

Thanks, Don Swain

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 09:06 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

constant run compressor.

Both my electric and gasoline twin cyl-twin tank wheelbarrow CONSTRUCTION compressors are constant run and have the valving factory equipped. The electric ones are constant run since the compressors have high starting loads and most construction temporary power setups or generators can't handle high spike loads, With the slow down in construction it's probably easier and cheaper to find a good used one. I haven't had to use the gasoline one for a while and after it has been in storage I have to use wd 40 on the valving control to lube it up to get it working properly. My step son gave me a 3 phase 440 V 10 HP 2 stage 80 gallon tank compressor the oil Co he works for replaced with a new one. I have thought about changing it to a gasoline power for the shop or getting a 3 phase converter, BUT it's still setting on the pallet.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Last journal entry: 1947 dodge
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Are you trying to repair one or build a new one. if you are building one it is cheaper to look for a used one Craigs list than to build. I had several hundred dollars into building mine and I already had the motor and pump. when I sold the truck it was on I got one for $150 on craigs list. If you still want to build one you will need an Unloader Valve, a check valve to keep all the air in the tank when the unloader opens, a safety valve in the tank to keep the tank from blowing up if the unloader fails, and a throttle control. I can point you to those if you need them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setup1.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	58143  

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.