Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to::: Priming An Engine
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by allansmith859 View Post
OK guys i went to the parts store and got the tool to do this. I hooked the gauge up and started. Oil pressure is at 50 but and there are 4 or 5 rockers I cant get oil to come out of. I took those push rods out and made sure they were cleaned out and I still cant get oil to come out of those rockers. The other rockers have good oil coming out. Is it ok to say that everything is good or is something wrong. Keep in mind I just pulled this engine out of my truck to change rear main seal and new gaskets so I wouldnt think anything is wrong. By the way its a sbc Need help asap, start new job tommorw
http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...engine#Prelube is some info on priming in case this comes up in a search.

Don't sweat it if every rocker doesn't oil right away. The main thing is to have the filter full and the air out of the oil galleys (this can drain back out if it sits), and to verify there is good oil pressure (no galley plugs left out, etc.).