Hot Rod Forum banner

How To Project Tips

595 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
I wanted to start this ,to see if there was any intrest in sharing some Tips that might help each other on their projects,,some most might already know but a lot of them will be helpful as I seem to forget much more than I use to,,i also made a video but it wont load

the photos are as I progressed ,,I did not use any paint vinyl dye ir armorall ar any thing just the Heat Gun to bring back the color

Last photo should have been first

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea John I wish I had a better Before picture,the top is alwaus the most faded so I start at the top and bring it back first then as you work toward the bottom ,the more times you heat it he darker it gets ,if you start at the bottom you could get it to dark and the top part might not match ,

when first start heating it will be slower but as panel gets warmer it goes pretty fast,,I just angle the heat gun slightly to kinda preheat the part I am working toward and keeps it from streaking,,i have found if I keep the gun straight it will streak but just go back over it it will blend in to match the rest

the light streaks on the drivers side is NOT streaks it is the sun shining thru the tree limbs as I did this outside where it was cooler and a cool breeze

I have never had any warpege or colors that would not change back,i will try to get the short video to load, I an having problems with it:thumbup:

#4 ·
Yea John just the heat no dye or paint , I wish I had a better Before picture,the top is alwaus the most faded so I start at the top and bring it back first then as you work toward the bottom ,the more times you heat it he darker it gets ,if you start at the bottom you could get it to dark and the top part might not match ,

when first start heating it will be slower but as panel gets warmer it goes pretty fast,,I just angle the heat gun slightly to kinda preheat the part I am working toward and keeps it from streaking,,i have found if I keep the gun straight it will streak but just go back over it it will blend in to match the rest

the light streaks on the drivers side is NOT streaks it is the sun shining thru the tree limbs as I did this outside where it was cooler and a cool breeze

I have never had any warpege or colors that would not change back,i will try to get the short video to load, I an having problems with it:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.