Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to Remove these Cab Mounts?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:47 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Watch a good rigger and you will see how it's done! My boss could take a semi cab off by himself without a hint of a problem, he is amazing at this stuff.

But on your cab, put a piece of wood across the rocker, lift that side of the cab with a floor jack. Once you get it up a little put a jack stand at the front and rear to hold it up an inch or so. Go to the other side do the same thing, then back to the first side and raise it a bit further with the jack stands, then go back to the other side. Once you have it a couple of inches off the frame you could run a 2x6 board over the frame across to each side. Remove the wheels on the chassis and put it on casters, roll it out from underneath the cab, there you go.

The other day I moved my cab from on a couple of boards laying on dirt over 10 feet to on the concrete pad, then put it up on the cart I made, and then raised the cart up, and wheeled it out to the garage. Did it all by myself!

Brian
I'm picturing a big cab and your legs wiggling about under it, "I got this!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	75738