Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how is a seat like this upholstered?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan32
A customer of mine brought in a pair of custom built seats made up of plywood and foam. My question is how are these sewn and upholstered. Are the bolsters sewn to the insert and then upholstered or are the bolsters upholstered separately from the insert? How are they attached: staples, listings, glue, other? Just so everyone knows I borrowed these pics from Interiors by Shannon, hope he doesn't mind, they are close to what I need to build up.

Thanks
Depending on how the frames are made, they could be done in any of the ways you mentioned, or a combination of the ways you mentioned. Obviously the picture of the foam without the upholstery is different than the finished product in the other picture. There is no headrest defined in the first picture, but there is in the second picture. The division of the headrest area would have to have something to hold it that way the way it looks. Why not give Shannon a call? He's a nice guy and he will talk to you.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.