Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to 'tune' or rejet a quadrajet?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower_454
I have a quadrajet that I want to put on a 350 but I think it came from a 305. Do I need to 'rejet' it or anything?
First off just try it, the Q-Jet is pretty forgiving and if the 350 isn't a wild build it may have enough ability to cope. If it doesn't, Jet is the current purveyor of Q-Jet parts and you can get primary jets and metering rods from them as well a secondary rods. The secondary jets are fixed and shouldn't be messed with unless you're really accomplished at modifying Q-Jets, but in any case unless your changing to alcohol or some other exotic substance for fuel the adjustments needed should fall in the range of the metering rods. The other major adjustment is the spring under the metering piston, this can also be adjusted to dial in different metering rod settings for the manifold vacuum conditions, but unless you've changed cam timing from what the carb was originally set up for this shouldn't be an issue.

Bogie