This is in accordance with NSRA:
VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
1. HORN: Electric only.
2. SPEED INDICATOR: Speedometer or calibrated tachometer at 55 mph
3. REAR VIEW MIRROR: One inside or outside on driver's side of vehicle.
4. GLASS: Must be safety plate.
5. LIGHTING: Hi-beam; low-beam; tail; brake; license.
6. WINDSHIELD WIPER: Electric or vacuum operated.
7. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION LOCKOUT: Neutral and/or park start only.
8. TIRES: Minimum 3/32 tread acceptable. Must meet D.O.T. specifications .
9. STEERING: No excessive "play" (2" radius max.) or binding; system must be safely mounted.
10. THROTTLE LINKAGE: Must not travel past center, return spring required.
11. FUEL SYSTEM: CHECK VENT ON TRUNK AND INTERIOR MOUNTED TANKS; no clear, plastic lines allowed. No leaks.
12. EXHAUST SYSTEM: NO LEAKS. Must pass rear edge of front door and exit exhaust away from vehicle.
13. SELF-ALIGNING ROD END BEARINGS: Check for fractures, insert sloppiness or binding.
14. SHOCK ABSORBERS: One per wheel, no leaks, 2" travel in each direction.
15. BRAKES: Four-wheel brakes, no leaks, check brake pedal travel, no copper tubing, check length of flexible lines.
16. SCRUB LINE: No steering, suspension or chassis components should be below this line.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: May be reason for failure.
17. WINDSHIELD: Should be AS-1.
18. SHIFT PATTERN: Shift pattern should be visible except on three speed standard column shift.
19. FUEL LINES: Should be safely mounted and routed.
20. PARKING BRAKE: Should be activated independent of vehicle's primary system. LINE-LOCK is not recommended.
21. SELF-ALIGNING ROD END BEARINGS: Ball should have 1/8 inch spacer on each side of the ball if there is any misalignment. Rod ends should not have more than 10° misalignment. ROD ENDS and 4 BAR-PARALLEL RADIUS ROD SYSTEM rubber bushed ends should have a safety washer at least the same outside diameter as the housing or larger.
22. BRAKE LINES: Should be safely mounted and routed.
23. CHASSIS FASTENERS: Self-locking nuts, lock-washers, safety wire, or cotter pins.
FOR YOUR SAFETY: fire extinguisher in driver/passenger compartment, seat belts, a third brake light and a dual master cylinder.