how are youre results with rustoleum paint - Page 14 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
when did this become junkers and terdhaulers.com ???
I like my turdhaulers...............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Landscape Trailer Fin 021 (Medium).jpg
Views:	108
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	46086  

Advertisement

Budget RVs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Poncho: PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!! Keep the thread going as I am enjoying all the "expert" advice by "real" skilled body persons (using the socially correct term) and their choice of painting materials

Dave W
Not going to happen Dave...Too much good tech advise......for which side, I won't say right now......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Coupe
When you declared this way back in this thread..........LOL
Honestly Shine, this thread should be shut-down, it is of no value obviously to Guys like you and a lot of others. This type of thing should be where it is welcome, and it is obviously is not welcome here.
So I make a motion to shut down this Thread, anycare to 2 nd this motion..
You just stated the obvious.......It is not generally welcome here.....and yet, you and some others keep coming back and pushing, pushing and pushing your agenda...not only here, but on other forums as well......where you know it is not only not welcomed, but the whole idea generally despised.......I just don't get it.......The thing that bugs me is....WHY?....Why do you care about this SOOOOOO much, that it is the only thing that you all post about......It would be different if you people were regular contributors to the forum on a variety of subjects and you occasionally dabbled in something different, but its the only thing you talk about........I just don't see the motivation, especially when you know you are going to be put down for it.....

Carry on...........

Budget RVs
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Not going to happen Dave...Too much good tech advise......for which side, I won't say right now......

You just stated the obvious.......It is not generally welcome here.....and yet, you and some others keep coming back and pushing, pushing and pushing your agenda...not only here, but on other forums as well......where you know it is not only not welcomed, but the whole idea generally despised.......I just don't get it.......The thing that bugs me is....WHY?....Why do you care about this SOOOOOO much, that it is the only thing that you all post about......It would be different if you people were regular contributors to the forum on a variety of subjects and you occasionally dabbled in something different, but its the only thing you talk about........I just don't see the motivation, especially when you know you are going to be put down for it.....

Carry on...........
You know Ponch why don't you relax already, if you don't like it, kill the thread.
I don't really care what you do, or anyone else for that matter. Whats your point, this is the only site I have seen such contempt, for anything but what a few so-called experts profess, it makes me think that your ideology on paint and body work is so threatened, a few of the posters on here have been nothing short of obnoxious, you know and I know it.
I don't know about being put-down for anything, to be honest I didn't paint a car with Rustoleum, I did however state this paint is okay and good enough for frames, inner wheel wells, inner fenders, trailers etc.
Listen whatever anyone on here states, is fine, personal attacks or being abusive is wrong, but to be honest I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
Infact I am going to put on my uniform, equipment belt, and work some of the toughest streets tonight, keeping people like you and others, streets safe.
So one more thing the last time I checked the 'Constitution", freedom of speech was still in there, so if you cannot handle this Poncho, I suggest you dump the thread.....MC
Old 06-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Last photo:

I dont think its me with my panties in a bunch.........

We don't shut down threads here just because someone doesn't agree or someone says to.....They work themselves out, the majority sees what is the proper or improper way to do things......and they make up their own minds.

Budget RVs
Old 06-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=poncho62]I dont think its me with my panties in a bunch.........

We don't shut down threads here just because someone doesn't agree or someone says to.....They work themselves out, the majority sees what is the proper or improper way to do things......and they make up their own minds.[/QUOTE
Okay , sounds like a plan, fellow Canuckian........LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
I dont think its me with my panties in a bunch.........

We don't shut down threads here just because someone doesn't agree or someone says to.....They work themselves out, the majority sees what is the proper or improper way to do things......and they make up their own minds.
Good for you Ponch. A little dissention is entertaining as long as it's
kept civil, and sometimes a beneficial tip will turn up.
An example of this is 'tipping', when applied to brush painting. I had no
clue as to this technique, but after reading about it here I researched
it and found it's a tried and true method used in the marine industry.

There's also a high end brand, maybe Rolls or Bently (I forget), that paints their radiator supports with a brush. Yes I said brush. So there's more
than one way to skin a possum, and I like to hear what others are doing,
right or wrong...
Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 PM

anybody painting/painted with rustoleum paint

im trying to figure out weather or not i can spray clear over rustoleum paint im at a stand still right now i want to spray some duplicolor candy clear over my paint but it requires a matalic base first which will cover my exsisting paint and make the car the candy color. then i was told to get somre regular clear coating and add my candy/pearl additive to it (dust), btu then im not sure if i have to add thinner aong with it or hardener alot of people are saying that the rustoleum paint job isnt a good 1 well i say try it this was my first time trying it and it came out beautiful i havent even wetsanded it or buffed it yet and it shines like a new car i was even told to add 1 more coat but this time add the candy/pearl(dust) to the paint along with acetone and hardener and it will show through the paint if there is anyone who has any ideas for me pleeeaase..... let me know thank you
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Here is some info: The ultimate budget paint job thread /w pics (rustoleum paint)
Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 AM
gearheadslife

Last journal entry: The TwoTonShu #10
Last photo:

if you didn't use the hardner that rustolum makes, the paint never really hardnens,, and the next coat will blead into it and cause all types of issues..
goodluck..
Old 01-28-2012, 06:34 AM

Last photo:

why do people use rustoleum its not auto paint so why waste the money its good for out door furniture
Old 01-28-2012, 06:41 AM
gearheadslife

Last journal entry: The TwoTonShu #10
Last photo:

cause it's cheap..
Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 AM

Last photo:

Didn't Dolly Parten sing a song about this?

"Here we go again"

Budget RVs
Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneooo
why do people use rustoleum its not auto paint so why waste the money its good for out door furniture
Because they did a $100 paint job in Hot Rod magazine a few years ago with it. Yeah I agree why? Rustoleum isn't even good at what it was designed for.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,082 Times in 965 Posts
There are a number of value line paints available from REAL automotive paint companies what challenge that low price.

Brian
Old 01-28-2012, 11:29 AM

anybody painting/painted with rustoleum paint

well i have a number of paint jobs done with this paint and they all have turned out beautiful and yes if you dont use the hardener it will take forever to dry but once it dries you have something amazeing just because its a cheap paint and the results are good. now dont get it twisted there can be some down falls if you take your time but if you do you can have a paint that will last a lifetime my next door neighbor has a ford f-100 hunter green rustoleum has been on it since 1991 and it shines better than some of these paints i see these young guys pay thousands of dollars for he even painted the top of his camper shell which is exsposed to the hot all day long and its not fadeing nor chipping so this paint has some good sides to it i wouldnt completely knock it the next time you see a car with an acryllic on see how many rust spots you find then do the same to a car painted with rusto i garuntee you there will be a big difference

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.