Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Howe hydraulic t/o bearing adjustment Q...
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
Speedway has a tool for setting those up...there is not a whole lot of travel in one of those hyd bearings so I am not sure on your idea..

Sam
Sam this bearing is designed for factory clutches and has 0.688" max stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisr View Post
I use the same hyd tob, i make sure there is at least 1/16" clearance to allow for disc wear. Too much clearance and the clutch might not disengege enough, especially if your disc has a marcel. The bearing will only retract as far as the PP fingers push it, adjusting the pedal/pushrod won't cause it to retract any farther.
The disc does have a marcel spring. Got it on the retraction, I tested it with air and it has no internal self-retraction spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyRat View Post
Basic set-up starts by Compressing Brg. then shim to .150 clearance. When it has been bled out the BRG. will always be in contact with clutch fingers. As the clutch wears the .150 clearance will not bottom out the BRG. and will allow for full clutch engagement. This set-up works for all HYD BRG.
OK, but what happens to the fluid "stack" as the bearing recedes? It has to go somewhere and if the pedal is "stoppered" with a mechanical limiter (like mine will be) it will have nowhere to go. If the pedal is untethered, won't it continue to rise further off the floor and come out alignment with the brake pedal?

Russ