Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - hp and exhaust questions
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 03:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

hp and exhaust questions

im thinkin about runnin a '53 olds 303 rocket, anybody got ideas of torque and hp numbers? also i was thinkin of runnin some straight pipes...what the deal with performance on these things, i know theyre loud and look awesome but do they rob or add the ponies?

also what can i do with intake, right now its just got a simple 2 barell i think (dont have it at my garage) but i have seen many old intakes for these from Offy, cragar etc. do these manifolds add hp, lets say a triple duece setup or a log style with six 97's (or similar)? whats the best bet?

i was thinkin about gettin creative and making my own intakes and run some more unique carbs or a weird configuration. maybe four DCOE webers, or some SU's? that would look cool.

whats the scoop with tranny's for 303 olds'? any manuals out there that bolt up? any adapter plates? or just hydramatics?

oh and this might go in a traditional hot rod, what some people call a "rat rod". so there's no hood involved.