Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HP & TQ estimates - stats within
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all the feedback and replies.

Vinniekq2 - I spoke w/Edelbrock tech and they told me the 500's were the correct size for my setup and larger CFM's would be too large. Not that that's the gospel but that's what they told me. I did have two 600's on it and the Edelbrock tech gentleman told me they were too big (not to mention the carbs in question weren't right together as a dual quad pair).
The cam definitely is not big but I think it's a good size and drivability for a street car. I don't want to get too radical there.
More than anything I was just curious as to what power this build is likely creating, rather than seeking a specific number or absolute max power.

Regarding a "belly button SB," I'm not sure what that means. I would think a standard SB would be like the GM Performance 350/290 HP... so around 300 HP. Or possibly a standard SB means a common mild street build and thus like mine?

I did try searching, both this forum and online in general. I use the search function on Hotrodders all the time - way more than I ever post, but thank you for assuming I did not and admonishing me to do so. Since everyone's setup is a little different and different builds will produce different outputs, I didn't feel I was able to find anything that was the same.

At the end of the day, is there really any entirely and thoroughly new issues that nobody has ever experienced previously and posted? At least from what I see, virtually every post has been covered before, but usually has a few minor differences that make it interesting to read again and learn a little something new.