Hot Rod Forum banner

How would you rather have the gathering structured?

• Lets do the goodguy's show 8th 9th and 10th of July

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Lets stick to the last two weeks in june and do our own thing

Votes: 13 52.0%

HR Ohio gathering update and poll

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  38 special 
#1 ·
First of all, I'd like to invite all of you who gave me your addresses and expressed interest in the HR.com gathering for summer 2005 to check your emails, I've sent an update. This post is in reference to that, and to spur any new interest in the Columbus, Ohio gathering. Please only vote if you're SERIOUSLY interested in coming, and if you do vote and I don't have your email, PM me so i can put you on the mailing list (and forward you the two previous mailings).

Helrazr and I are heading up the organization of this. I think weimer is interested in helping out too, but I get the impression that he's super busy (hopefully working on the truck so he can show it off to us...). In any event, this is EVERYBODY'S event, so I want everybody who's interested in spending time there to have an equal say.

We'll have two options for dates and events. First is JULY 2005, 8th, 9th and 10th. As many of you know this is the "Goodguys" show. The reason its so appealing to me is that it has all the key aspects of what I thought would be cool for a gathering. It has a swap meet (which I assume will be a quality meet, with quality parts and people to give some of you guys yet another excuse to come out), a car show, again, these will more than likely be good QUALITY rides. And lastly it has open drags from what I understand. This may be cool for some but not cool for others, I don't know how you all feel about it. Hotels are going to be hard to get, and rooms are going to have to be reserved WAY in advance. Some of you guys might not even be into the whole big show thing, and just want to come to hang out as a group. Plus these dates fall right after the 4th holiday, and I dont' know how many are already traveling that weekend.

Of course the other option is to keep the plan of doing the gathering in the last two weekends in june (one or the other) and just do our own thing. Bristol speedway is closeby and from what I understand, always an option. If this option is chosen I'll still have a good compiled list of activities.

Thanks for the interest so far, friends and family are always welcome.

One thing I do want to mention is that this event is NOT officially affiliated with HR.com proper (for obvious reasons). So please bear that in mind when making reservations and referring to this meeting-

K

See less See more
#4 ·
Let me just qulify by saying one thing thats also mentioned in the email i sent today. There is a no babysitting policy at the gathering. That means that there are events to attend, but its everybody's choice who they want to go with and when, or if they just want to sit and hang out or day at a museum by themselves. Then, of course, there will be some planned activities like a dinner out or a bonfire, in the evenings. So Goodguys would just be a daily "option"

K

#5 ·
get together

I like the idea of having it with the good guys meet. We might run out of things to do with just us guys sitting around talking. Plus most people will probably bring there spouses so there might be more things to keep everybody busy...

Keith

#8 ·
hey folks, i'm really excited about this trip, i think it will be a great time no matter how we set it up.so let the opinions flow and don't be afraid to ask any type of question or concern you might have. the more input we have the better we can organize things
i have been looking into the area hotels and there are a ton of them when the decision is made to narrow down the hotels i will probably reserve several rooms and hang on to them untill the cancelation deadline so that if we have a need for extra rooms we will have them. the idea is to get every one as close together as possible, i also have the name of 1 or 2 campgrounds and i'll make that info available as soon as possible.
another point to make is that although we are organizing rooms and events there are some folks who will like to go there own way and make there own accomidations and thats ok too.
so tell us what you really think,

rich

#9 ·
I like either idea.
Having it with the GG event will be fun because there will be soooo much stuff going on, but at the same time, Im afraid it will overshadow our own event.
I still think that checking into National trails for us to rent the track for a day would be awesome.
I have a friend that rents the track out once a year and everyone throws in a little cash and they use it by thereselves, grill out, race, whatever for like 10 hours with no outsiders.
I also wonder if we can get a hotel around the area with the gg going on. It will be booked up.
But Im dwn for whatever. Hg

#11 ·
Either way I think it'll be a blast. The whole thing gives me a reason to make my car road-trip worthy. It might be a little slower but it's more fun to drive it rather than tow it.

Hotels don't matter to me, If there's a KOA campground in the area I'll have a place to stay.

Larry

#12 ·
If anyone can't get a room I will be renting seats in my car. The front reclining passenger seat will be $15 a night and the rear seats will go for $7. Order them now, the inside of my car is probably cleaner than the hotel room anyway.

This is going to be awesome.

Killer I'm putting in a nitrous system just so I can give your bird a run for its money.

#21 · (Edited)
YEAAA **** my mom would flip out!!! a bunch of random guys at her house shed beat me to hell and back :pain:

i like the idea tho lol
i think we can all take her :boxing:

And about the goodguys show... i dont think any of you will be able to find a hotel room if it does become that day because when that show comes around the hotels are PACKED for miles away!!!!! trust me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.