Hunter Mtn Carshow - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 06:43 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Hunter Mtn Carshow

I work at the Hunter Mtn ski resort in Hunter Ny www.huntermtn.com, during the summer we do rock concerts and festivals, were setting up/ construction for the upcoming festivals now. I had always thought about how nice it would be to have a carshow at the mountian. today whail walking through 1 of the cafe's in the main lodge, I saw a wall of plaques and certificates so I looked at most of them, 1 really cought my eye, it was the peoples choice award from the " Rather Be Cruising At Hunter Mtn " carshow that was held Aug 5,6 and 7th of 1994. I could probably talk to the management and get it back for next year if anybody is interested.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 07:11 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

matt167,

Thats a great idea. Just be careful of what you wish for, you'll probably end up running it! Are there any local clubs down there that would help put it on? Seriously though, as you know, there's usulally multiple shows on any weekend so promotion and picking a good weekend is key, not to mention it would have to mesh with the other events at the mountain. If you want to do it next year, you would really need to start planning it now. Especially if you want to do a three day event like before. That is quite an undertaking and pretty risky to do for the first time back in 12 years.

BTW, one of the best places to distribute fliers is the Guptils Cruisin in Latham. (Even though I complain about the fliers more than anybody) We get about 1000 cars from all over the northeast once a month for four months during the summer. Not to mention getting the info on a bunch of the online calenders like Hemmings, etc. The third one is this comming monday night, you should try to make the trip.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

I would probably need to find vendors for the show, not food vendors tho, we could carry over our regulars for the festivals/ concerts. I would probably have to figure out stuff like awards and such. and a lot of other stuff also, maby finding sombody to host the show like we do the festivals. we could have our sound guys stay for 1 week longer and keep some of the equipment up and have them DJ like they do anyway, when there just playing Cd's when there is no band playing. What would be really cool is if Hunter made there own hotrod. we have an old ( circa early 1960's ) van type miltipassanger snowcat that has been used for parts since b4 I worked there, the body is in good shape still. It would be cool if they put that on a custom frame and painted it a nicer orange and kept the old type hunter logo's on it ( from when the mountian first opened, until the late 70's when it changed ), but I know they would never put the money into it to make it happen. They are getting an Orange County Choppers theme bike ( watch the next season of American Chopper, that's when it will come on ), but I still doubt that upper management would go for it, even tho we have everything to build it, old trucks with good engines and drivelines, would only need the custom frame

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.