Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter System 700 tire balancer

156K views 316 replies 139 participants last post by  dany.daniel.bouchard 
#1 ·
I just bought a used Hunter System 700 electronic balancer. This one even came with the user's manual and parts list. It appears to date from the 1980s (the manual cover has a picture of a Ford Fairmont). Unfortunately, the manual has nothing on calibration. Is anyone familiar with the calibration requirements or process for this unit? Thanks.

#238 ·
Hunter 700 Calibration weight

The Hunter part number is 65-27-2. It's weight is 278 grams and from the information I have read it is the same for the Hunter Model 800 balancer.

The weight screws into the side of the collar near the top of the spindle. This procedure is in the service manual Pages 5 and 6.

On any of my posts you will see two pictures, one a mustang convertible and the other picture is the calibration weight you are looking for. Click that picture of the weight for a better description and more pictures of the weight.

John

#239 ·
The Hunter part number is 65-27-2. It's weight is 278 grams and from the information I have read it is the same for the Hunter Model 800 balancer.

The weight screws into the side of the collar near the top of the spindle. This procedure is in the service manual Pages 5 and 6.

On any of my posts you will see two pictures, one a mustang convertible and the other picture is the calibration weight you are looking for. Click that picture of the weight for a better description and more pictures of the weight.

John
thx alot for the information just need to find one now or have the dimension so i can make one no seller in canada quebec :(

#253 ·
that is a tank for a machine!!!

25-30 years ago, I was a sales trainer for a tire chain that had a Hunter 700 machine in ONE of their stores. I recall it to be old THEN...but built like a panzer tank and accurate ...this machine requires a horizontal set up of the tire assembly and that makes it a challenge for positioning the inside correction weight....marking the spot on the wheel with a crayon for the place the machine is seeking to add that inner wheel weight works to be a little more comfortable then you can just pound the weight on with the tire removed from the machine....or contort yourself and pound the weight on while the wheel is still on the machine...so you can recheck with a follow up spin to see you did everything correctly....I dont recall ever doing a calibration or seeing one done ever I was only in stores for 90 days at a time before moving on to the next store to train on sales techniques....but Im a hands on guy so I balanced a fair share of wheels using that machine...

#260 ·
You know, I'm not jealous of you guys having a tire balancer, because I would hardly get any use out of it.

BUT I am jealous of so many people having the SPACE for such a machine! I have a manual tire changing machine but I leave it outside. Haven't used it in over a year.

#261 ·
Hunter 731 balancer - asking for help

Hello Members,
I just came across this group :),
I own Hunter 731 balancer, which I occasionally use (and most likely misuse), since I never had a manual for it. It has never been calibrated, and recently the upper meter stopped working. It is not the meter itself, but without diagram, I can't troubleshoot this problem any further. I will really appreciate any help with technical information (user, calibration or service manual) for this model (731), or any other from the System 700 family.
Thank you in advance,
Andrew

Attachments

#290 ·

PM me your email and I will send PDF manual and service manual

Mike B
Do you still have the manual for the 700 series hunter balancer I have a model 711

PM me your email and I will send PDF manual and service manual

Mike B
Do you still have a manual for a hunter 700 series balancer I have a model 711 I can't get to balance it spins but won't stop I think it might be calibration issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.