Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Hurricane (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hurricane-69037.html)

RCastle 08-28-2005 03:07 PM

Hurricane

They just broke in on The Little League World Series with a Special Report on Hurricane Katrina. It is still aimed dead for New Orleans.The reports said that IF there was a Catagorey 6 Hurricane,Katrina would be one with wind speed. Any one in the path of this thing.I wish you luck.Stay safe.

Nightrider 08-28-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCastle
Any one in the path of this thing.I wish you luck.Stay safe.

And Force (IE God) with you!

Malibucdl 08-28-2005 03:16 PM

It knocking right on my back door!!! We live about 35-40 miles north of N.O. in Abita Springs. By time she hits here it will be a Cat 4. We plan to stay and ride it out.

My brother and I finshed boarding up the house and moving all the stuff outside a little while ago. Now we just wait.

We are plenty prepared for this monster. Got food, water, gas for the generator, and all the esentials.

This is going to be one serious strom. I ask that all of you pray for us. We may need it.

Chris

RCastle 08-28-2005 03:20 PM

MalibuCDL,
As soon as that thing is past,and if or when you get power back,let us know. I would like to witness a minor Hurricane,a few trees blown over,heavy rain,that type of stuff. Like a major T-Storm,just nothing like that thing. And those damn tornados scare the hell out of me.In 74 they tore our city up.Our house was barley saved

Malibucdl 08-28-2005 03:29 PM

I will let ya'll know ow thingss turn out.

I would kill right now for a minor hurricane. This thing has got us pretty scared. But like the stubborn coonass's we are, we are going to stick it out.

Chris

NAIRB 08-28-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibucdl
It knocking right on my back door!!! We live about 35-40 miles north of N.O. in Abita Springs. By time she hits here it will be a Cat 4. We plan to stay and ride it out.

My brother and I finshed boarding up the house and moving all the stuff outside a little while ago. Now we just wait.

We are plenty prepared for this monster. Got food, water, gas for the generator, and all the esentials.

This is going to be one serious strom. I ask that all of you pray for us. We may need it.

Chris

I hope that you are not in a low-lying area. I was talking to my father this morning, who is a retired OIC in the National Weather Service of 30 years. This storm is a monster and do not assume that it will diminish much due to it's huge size. This hurricane is much larger by a long shot compared to 1969's Camille. Prepare for the worst with this one bro. I'm not trying to scare you, but run all of the worst case scenarios through your head and prepare for them through the night.

Good luck to you, and if you can, keep us posted on this once in a lifetime storm. Most of all, stay safe.

Brian

steve t 08-28-2005 04:00 PM

i live on the coast in nc, been through many hurricane, but not a 5, better get out like they say, good luck

hunt101 08-28-2005 04:08 PM

We just finished boarding the house up. Its supposed to be a near direct hit so far :pain: . I dont have anywhere to put my car either :pain: and no insurance. I just got my exhaust done yesterday too. We live on pretty high geound but flooding is still a possibility. Me and my family are still planning to ride it out though.

grouch 08-28-2005 04:18 PM

I would be tucking my tail and scooting north or northwest just as fast as I could go and damn the luggage!

poncho62 08-28-2005 04:37 PM

Don't know how you yanks put up with all the tornados, floods, brush fires in Calif. etc..........................I would be moving north to the Great white North (Canada)....................all we have to put up with is the rotten winter, and alot of us that are retired go to Florida or Arizona for the winter.

Ghetto Jet 08-28-2005 04:48 PM

Chris, good luck, sticking it out takes some balls. If the worst happens and your sister needs a place to stay I have an extra room at my house.http://www.fuelslut.net/forum/images.../icon_cool.gif

screamin340 08-28-2005 04:55 PM

I just cleaned up the yard..borded up the house and moved the cars..Its raining pretty hard I think we'll be al right here on the Fl AL line ..Good luck to you Chris I just went through it with Dennis and Ivan

Nightfire 08-28-2005 05:23 PM

Guys pack up and get the heck outta there! God bless,

Mike

oldschoolrods 08-28-2005 05:25 PM

Good luck to you guys sticking it out, be safe and god bless. Post back asap and let us know your ok.

CrashFarmer2 08-28-2005 05:35 PM

I think that I would be heading North as fast as I could. But I don't have a whole lot of room to talk. My friend Steve and I once stood in the driveway over to my Mom's place and watched a big old tornado go by. The rest of the family was in the basement. The tornado had been on the ground for somewhere around 60 miles. It came within about 300 feet from us but we had a ditch we could have jumped in if it veered over in our direction. I caught heck from my sister and mom after it was gone.
So if I was in your shoes I think I would... No I would be out of there.