Hot Rod Forum banner

Hurricane Scam!!!

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Nightfire 
#1 ·
you know i went to the store the other day to get some milk & can goods and they done went out there mind. winn-dixie wanted $1.50 a can for corn and green beens and almost $5.00 for a freaking gallon of milk.

don't get me started on gas prices and all this other crap there price gouging on b/c of this stupid hurricane

aint that ridiculous?

J

#2 ·
hey, why not report these price gougers. The state attorney was saying last year they aggressively prosecute price gouging during a state of emergency. And little Bush (the gov'ner, not the pres) declared state of emergency yesterday.

#5 ·
jesse01 said:
i should shouldn't I?

i thought i would come in here and talk a little bit about it and blow off a little bit of steem
I hate to say it, but that is exactly why they get away with it. Because people blow off a little steam, then let it drop. REPORT THEM. You are not the only one they are doing it to. After it all blows over, they will be back to normal, and be kissing up to you, and acting like everything is great.

What really amazes me is that the stuff they are gouging on, is stuff they will possibly loose if the storm is that bad in the first place. Think about it. They charge $5.00 for a gallon of milk, that may cost $3.00 normally, because people are afraid that they cannot buy it after the storm passes. They can't buy it because the power is out, and the stores can't run without power. That gallon of milk, if they don't sell it now, will go bad if the power is knocked out in the storm. They should be discounting it, not gouging!

#9 ·
Jon said:
Definitely make some sort of report. They're capitalizing on people's fear for need of basic supplies in a time of emergency.

Here's a link to a still-functioning webcam in Panama City Beach: http://webcambiglook.com/panamacitybeachfl.html

The storm will probably take it out, but until then, you can get a close-up view of the hurricane.
As usual Jon doesnt post much but the ones he does is always interesting. :) The pic didnt come up, it had a little red x in the upper left, which I assume means the 'cane took it out.

#11 ·
Saw Jeb on the news the other day talking about reporting this if you run across it or suspect it is happening. Here's the number he gave...

1 800 HELP FLA (435-7352).

I wish there was someone to report the highway robbery (otherwise known as: todays gas prices) to!

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.