HVLP Paint Gun - H827W - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006, 05:59 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

HVLP Paint Gun - H827W

I have purchased a few paint guns over the past couple of years and I have noticed that they all have the same number engraved on the handle - H827W. Brand names include ZHIPP, GRIPP, no name,etc., but they all have the same number. The only differences I can see are the color of the gun and the canister - plastic 600 ml and aluminum quart. Are really they all the same gun? Any relation to the HF purple gun?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Last photo:

The guns that have the H827 on them ARE NOT HVLP guns. They are conventional gravity feed guns. The purple Harbor Freight gun has HVLP on it and it's part number is 43430. Harbor Freight also sells a purple H827 gun, they typically run it on sale for $19.99. The cheapest I have seen the 43430 for is $39.99. Just because it is gravity feed does no mean it is HVLP compliant.

Vince
Old 05-28-2006, 08:46 PM

Not HVLP. Hmmmmm, that's interesting because they were ALL advertised as such - even the one I got from Tuul Shed. Looks like I have accumulated a bunch of primer guns.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Last photo:

Tuul Shed is notorious for advertising their guns as HVLP when they are not. I honestly do not think they know the difference....really.

Vince
Old 05-29-2006, 05:13 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

All of the cheaper HVLP guns that I have seen had HVLP on the gun somewhere. Maybe there are some out there that are not marked, that I haven't seen, but that would be questionable to me.

I know Harbor Freight has one that looks exactly like their HVLP, that's not. I have a Husky gun that is HVLP, and there is one that isn't, but only visible difference is the absense of the markings. You will notice a big difference when spraying though.

Aaron
Old 05-29-2006, 08:07 AM

Last photo:

I have a zhipp hvlp (w400) and its marked as hvlp on the box. Don't remember if it is marked hvlp anywhere on the body as hvlp. I truely doubt it is an hvlp, don't notice any kickdown of pressure from inlet to aircap, and the rated cfm consumption is something like only 4cfm. In fact the gun it is suppose to be copying (the iwata w400) is not an hvlp, it is a "compliant gun" which must have a transfer efficiency of 65% to conform to regulations.
Anyways, I've only used my gun a few times, but so far have been happy with how its sprayed for me. I didn't go in expecting a couple hundred dollar gun for the $40 I paid, nor do I expect it to spray well forever due to the fact its probably manufactured with lesser quality materials and not have perfect tolerances. But it does seem to have less wasted in overspray then the sharpe conventional I was using. There may very well be other chinese guns with different names that is the same as mine, don't know.
I'll more then likely be buying a more expensive big name gun in the future, but for now I am happy with how my gun has peformed for its price. Its something I wanted to give a shot before buying a more expensive gun and wait till I have a lot more I have to spray. Real soon it will be used on a complete and it will really get a good test. I've had pretty good luck with cheapy guns over the years, so hopefully it will spray fine. But like they always say, you get what you pay for, sometimes you get less, and once in awhile you get a bargain. And the gun is only part of the equation. An expensive gun in the hands of someone who isn't using it correctly or who's equiptment can't keep up with it, isn't any better off with that then a cheap gun.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.