Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hydraulic clutch bleeder screw
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by henny496
Hello
I have a hyd clutch master and slave from a mid to late 80's Camaro
It is new and this is in a custom application. The slave is higher than the master(floor mounted pedals)
There is a brass set screw (bleeder screw)on the slave cylinder that has an allen key head
I am by myself doing this, tried all day yesterday to bleed it, had it close once but then lost it later trying to get the last of the air out
I have a vacuum pump, but I would need some type of conventional bleeder screw to go in place of the set screw.
Does anyone know what bleeder screw will work , so I can do this myself with a vacuum pump. The threads are course...looks like 5/16 -18 but I wonder about metric......just don't know and frustrated
I need an extra arm and a leg to do this the conventional way,,...and the dogs won't help
thanks
Tom
All that need be done, is to crack the allen at the slave, press the pedal until fluid flows, lock the allen. Repeat. The air will always go UP, towards the slave.

Obviously, if the allen is at the bottom of how the slave is mounted, it will need to be either pressure bled or turned so the allen is at the top.