Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hydraulic roller lifters on a hydraulic flat tappet cam??
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 01:21 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hydraulic roller lifters on a hydraulic flat tappet cam??

Well first off I want to say that ya'll have been a huge help to me in the past. I know that cams are all different between hydraulic flat, solid tappet, hydraulic roller and solid roller. my question is why? I know that roller cams are generally made out of billet and flat tappet cams are generally made from cast right? So why would I not be able to use roller lifters on a flat tappet cam? I am just curious. Is it because the spring pressures required for a roller cam are so much greater than what is required for flat tappet? Hence the stronger material for rollers? Well thanks again everyone. I was just messin around on my desktop dyno and realized that i can get more power out of the cam I just had in it but I am SICK to death of dealing with flat tappet cams and shaved lobes and have decided that I am most definitely going with hydraulic Roller this time around... Its a bit redic that in 30'000 miles and 8 years I have had to rebuild my 402 BBC four times cause i keep shavin cam lobes. Gettin a little tired of it. Anyway thanks for your input!