hydraulics prob. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
mini me

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

hydraulics prob.

i'm guessing this thread goes here

but me and the bossman are stumped
today at work the hydraulics quit working on our toter or semi truck anyways it has a 6 way hydraulic hitch and it works the mirrors also

today we used it for a while and it was fine, but right before we were done it quit working.
we had it hooked to the hitch on the house (mobile home) and we went to use the hitch to pull it forward a little more and it worked for a sec and quit. now it just clicks when we hit the button

we started checking some things but everything seems fine (i guess) so we replaced the silonoid and it still just clicks

any info will help. thanx, J

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM

just guessing

Jesse,

I don't have a clue about what you are talking about, but I do have some knowledge of hydraulics and electrics. Hopefully someone else will help out in this post that knows more. My first guess would be that the hitch mechanism is jammed. If the pump pressure is shut off, and the lever or button is pushed, can the hitch be moved manually? If it can't be moved manually, it probably is bent or has been pinched too much, and might need to be taken apart to release. If the hitch moves freely in that test, and you are hearing clicking, the solenoid is probably good. It good be the pump (check the pressure gauge) or the valve. The Solenoid that you replaced operates an electrical valve. The valves sometimes jam or just go bad. Most valves have manual overrides in the end of the plunger housing. You can use a thin metal rod (screwdriver, pin punch, etc) to push the center piece in. Do that while the pump is running, and the hitch should move. If it does, do it a couple more times, then try the switch again. If it still doesn't work, then the wires coming to the valve will need to be tested. Or just run a hotwire directly to the valve. If nothing still, then the valve will need to be replaced. If the hotwire cures the problem, then the solenoid output should be tested to see if it matches the valve requirements.

Without knowing anything about your toter, that is about as much as I can offer. If no other hydraulic options are working, then the pump may not be working properly. If I am missing something, let me know, and I will try some more brainstorming. There are a few other causes, but we just want to get the main things checked first.

Good Luck,
Scott
Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 PM
mini me

Last photo:

i figured it might be kinda hard to understand thats why i didn't get real deep into it

but today we took the pump off the resivoir that it was hooked to and tryed to put another one on it but the shaft was too long so a couple hours later we got tired of messing w/ it so we put the old pump/motor back in place hooked all the wires back up and it started working again

don't know exactly why but atleast it works

thanx for the reply instead of going on to hte next thread

i'll definetly keep you in mind if he ever have another hyd. prob

J

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.