Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hydroboost on a 1969 Camaro
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
JS-70

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiebyles View Post
I have a 1969 camaro that I put a 2006 GTO LS2 with a automatic trans and a D-1SC ProCharger on, I put a hydroboost brake kit on it, I'm having trouble with the front brakes dragging while you are driving it, The longer you drive it the worse it gets, IT turned the front 14" Rotors blue on it Saturday, That was the first time I drove it, I'm trying to get it tuned and I have to drive it for 30 minuets at 1500, 2500, and 3500, I have read the instructions several times and it is hook up right, I have all the air out of the brake lines, Have any of Ya'll had dealings with one of these? I would appreciate any Help, Advice,I could get, Thank Ya'll very much!!!!
When it starts to lock up, pop one of the bleeders open and see if you get a spurt of pressure. My guess is you dont have enough play in the rod going from the pedal to the boost unit. There must be an adjustment there. What happens is the fluid heats up in the calipers and has no way to return to the Master Cylinder, because the port is covered up.