Hot Rod Forum banner

Hydroboost brakes and mustang rack

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DJ3100 
#1 ·
I am in the process of putting together a 1947 Chevy car.
1) The engine/transmission is a 5.3 Yukon with factory power steering pump, the pump is just like what GM has used for years.
2) Mustang II front suspension with a 1990 style Mustang power rack and pinoin
3) The brake booster I would like to use is off of a 85 GMC 1 ton pickup, I like the small compact size of this unit. It will be mounted on the firewall and clearance is an issue.

I have read that the GM pump has too much pressure and it will need to be lowered for the car to have road feel. On another site they mention that when using the hydroboost brake booster it will need the full pressure from the pump to work correct.

I have done a search here and on the internet but I have not found anything yet.

My question is: Will the car be over sensitive to drive if I would use the full pressure of the pump? I found different answers when people use the late mustang rack. Is anybody using a similar setup as this? I hate to install all of this and find out it will not work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.