Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hydrobooster / Brake Experts...
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
USMC

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hydrobooster / Brake Experts...

I'm getteing ready to remove my power booster and replace it with a hydrobooster. Reason is I have replaced the entire brake sytem and my pedal is still hard (hard to lock it up). I only have about 8-9hg of vacuum. I installed a electric vacuum pump and I don't like how it performs. So I have done alot of research on this and it don't seem to be that big of a project. The only hard part I see is getting a mounting bracket, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. The one big hold up for me is getting the right Hydrobooster. I went to the salvage yard and found plenty off of different vehicles, my question here is can I use any of them if not why? The all have the basic same apperance and function by pressing the MC (correct) so can I use one say from a 2004 chevy express van. I see alot of threads saying to use around a 94/95 Astro van. I just don't see why I can't use the others also. I will just use my current MC. Also is there any that has a removable brake pedal rod so I can remove it and thread it ect..