Hot Rod Forum banner

I almost cried

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  68Velle 
#1 ·
I was looking on Ebay today and seen this How could you finish a project with a wheel base looking this bad. :( :boxing: :spank:

#2 ·
And the car looks like a pretty nice one before he ruined it! This can't be a mistake, no one could screw up that bad. That is the real sad part, be planned this!

Brian

#5 ·
Early cars on late chassis...the plain truth

Sadly, there are many people who have absolutely no clue as to what they are doing before "building" an old car. And further will not listen to anyone with even a smattering of knowledge 'cause they want to "do it themselves".

Let's be up front and blunt here. This guy knew nothing when he started, gained no knowledge while he worked on the car, and even after finishing off the car(and I mean finished off), did not recognize the disaster he had wrought. So he's surely cutting up a 40 Ford convertible to install on a Blazer chassis as we speak, as he's learned how awfullly easy it is to "build" a street rod.

I believe even a woman with no automotive experience or a 6-year old child, could have told this joker what a piece of crap he was assembling. Here's hoping he's had enough of hotrodding old cars and will move on to late models, perhaps a Camaro body mounted on a Ford F350 dually chassis would be right up his alley.

There are almost no circumstances where a late model chassis can be used under an early car body and end up with a decent vehicle. It is just so much easier to add a later front suspension and steering to the front of any early frame and a IRS to the rear, and probably more economical too, especially at sale day!

#9 ·
Is it possible to step back and look at this thing and say this looks great? what was he thinking? He must not have any true friends. I wonder what type of reaction he gets at car shows or when he is driving. Got to love those front mud flap type things behind the front wheels. Henry Ford would turn over in his grave if he caught a glimpse of this blatant disrespect of a vintage Ford. RIP Henry the rest of us will make you proud.

Steve :welcome:

#16 ·
If you really look close at the pictures from wiring to lines ran and look at all the little detail stuff.

This was not done on purpose, is was done by someone that had never worked on a car before.

Everything about this is jerry-rigged.
Unsafe at any speed would be a safe bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.