I blew the whistle II - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I blew the whistle II

Now don't start up the scrappin' in here boys. I just wanted to say I missed all the fun before I had a chance to (non-name calling~non-profanity using) post my own opinion. I was just getting on the edge of my seat enjoying all the fun!
Hooo-weeee!!!! Everybody likes a fight!!!!
Well, thanks everyone while it lasted...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2004, 02:43 PM

Last photo:

[SMACK]

{runs away quickly}

I didn't see anything.

MoocH
Old 02-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

can't play nice than don't play at all!

I'm not supposed to play with you guys any more. BX3 dosn't recognize male bonding when she see's it?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 02-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Missing You

Last photo:

Re: can't play nice than don't play at all!

Quote:
Originally posted by tm454
BX3 dosn't recognize male bonding when she see's it?
GET OFF MY CASE! There are forum rules that JON made up. I follow and do moderating the SAME as every other moderator does. Now DROP IT.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Well, Ive gotten to know B cubed as well as TM...I love them both....That is the first time I've seen B cubed get verbal instead of cracking the whip. I didn't get so upset as TM, but I don't like narcs.....
Remember the story of Tiny Lund getting in a fight at a bar with another NASCAR racer back in the day....Someone broke a bottle over Tiny's head and Tiny threw him through the window.....Both guys made up after the tossee said he was sorry and then asked if Tiny would pay for the window!
Guys can doin a lot of shoving.....don't worry...
But, I respect B cubed for stopping the escalation....
She is just as good as pulling the reins as she is in whipping!
Nicely done.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Back off there BX3!!

Who is on who's case here? We have different oppinions on the subject, so why don't you let it alone?? I don't have to agree with you either BX3 so get off my case! Didn't you say something about me not PM'ing you? Then why don't you quit conversing with me? Are you trying to inflame the situation? Drop it, now!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 02-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandflea427SS
Well, Ive gotten to know B cubed as well as TM...I love them both....That is the first time I've seen B cubed get verbal instead of cracking the whip. I didn't get so upset as TM, but I don't like narcs.....
Remember the story of Tiny Lund getting in a fight at a bar with another NASCAR racer back in the day....Someone broke a bottle over Tiny's head and Tiny threw him through the window.....Both guys made up after the tossee said he was sorry and then asked if Tiny would pay for the window!
Guys can doin a lot of shoving.....don't worry...
But, I respect B cubed for stopping the escalation....
She is just as good as pulling the reins as she is in whipping!
Nicely done.
I don't like being called a narc man. Here is my last post on the subject. Its a PM I wrote to Crazy larry a couple of days ago:

Hey larry,

Just wanted to give you my two cents on this whole truck situation. In truth, I have been there myself and maybe I don't have kids, but I know what its like to depend on a crap car. Back when I started college I lived in an apartment in the ghetto while working 50 hours a week between two part time jobs and going to school full time. There were times when I had to set aside time to work on the truck because it wouldn't run. I blew a freeze plug on the highway once and had to get off, limp it home and fix it before I could do anything else. I knew it would be a hazard on the road. Had to turn back home once in my bird too. I was planning a nice trip, but it got canceled because the car was belching smoke. Not so much as this guy's truck, but enough to where it was noticeable and I didn't want it to be a distraction on the highway. I took care of my problems. Others should too.

My argument against this guy involves a couple of things. First, if it had just happened (which it didn't look like it had by the way he was driving) the cop would have just pulled him over and told him to do what he was already planning on doing, fixing it. So no harm no foul. I don't think, however, that it's fair for this guy to put other people in danger because he can't fix the truck. I know its sad, but honestly, the people in that thread were stereotyping this driver more than I was! I mean, think about it, everybody assumed the worst, that he was some poor poor man, couldn't make ends meet, just had to drive the truck and couldn't afford to fix it. That may or may not be true, but there's no more reason to assume that than to assume that he just wasn't fixing it because he thought he could get away with it. Either point is moot. The real point is that when you're driving a 4000 pound 80mph bullet down the highway with other objects the same size and people are having trouble seeing, there's a serious problem. More serious, I would argue, than this guy's right to drive an unsafe truck around for whatever reason he was doing it. Your rights end where the next guy's begin, and he was definitely putting people in danger with that situation. And even if this guy was poor, letting him drive his crap truck around is not the fix he needs. We ought to be providing assistance to people who are super poor, not "not calling the police on their crappy trucks so that they can keep on keepin on." Either help the guy out the way he needs help, or don't help him, but this half-way stuff only hurts both parties. The fact is there is really no such program in the US right now, and there's nothing I can do to help him driving by on the freeway, but I can help the other drivers who are in danger of not seeing or having his truck catastrophically fail.

I think some people got the impression that it was just a mild amount of smoke and that i just called the cops because I didn't like to look at it. None of the people who responded to the thread were there. We're talking oil, anti-freeze and whatever else making a thick cloud that most certainly obstructed the vision of at least the car behind him if not more. That's not safe. There are other roads this guy could have taken here in Michigan other than the highway if he was worried about smoking the driver behind him.

Sure Larry, I could have just hit the gas, sped past him and not looked back, but I don't feel that if I see something unsafe I can just let it go unnoticed and hope for the best. All it takes sometimes for evil to manifest is for good men to do nothing. I'm not saying this guy is evil, but if some grandmother (who probably ought also not to be driving, but there's no law against that) who already has enough problems driving flies off the road because she gets scarred in this guy's some-screen and I could have but didn't do anything about it, I think that's evil manifested (or at least sucks, but the word fit so well I had to use it ).

Anyway, like I said in the thread, I'm open to opinions.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Missing You

Last photo:

Re: Back off there BX3!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tm454
Then why don't you quit conversing with me? Are you trying to inflame the situation? Drop it, now!

Because you're the one taking it public and stirring the pot and I won't put up with it.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:11 PM

Last photo:

Loooove Looooove Looove. Loooooove Looooove Loooove. All you need is looooove loooove looooove.

I love you guys. It's just a truck and some smoke. Big deal.

MoocH
Old 02-19-2004, 05:15 PM

Last photo:

This melodrama needs more: hookers, porti-potties and other assorted crybabies.Get over it and get a life!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

nice, lets get them all in the ring with some hot busty ladies on this week's SMACKDOWN.

Lol-

K
Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

LMAO

hookers and porta potties. sounds like a good time.

i think two members ( or more ) ought to be allowed to talk trash to each other, in a semi respectful manner, and not have someone come locking up the thread. we are after all, adults.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:59 PM

If you rat out a poor man (regardless of the reasons or motive), and ask 16,000 people for their honest opinion, don't expect a pat on the back from everybody. Nobody drives a beat up piece of crap because they want to. I just hope the guy can feed his family or pay the rent, after replacing his motor, or paying to have a ring job done.

I've been in that situation in the past, and thank God I didn't have to shell out hundreds of dollars, because some heartless hero with a cell phone, couldn't comprehend the plight of poor people.

To the dump, please.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I have numerous PM's on this issue, plus discussions in the Mod forum and on the board -- so I figured I'd just confront it publicly in this thread.

tm454 -- in the original I blew the whistle thread, your post was out of line. If you thought that killerformula was a snitch, fine -- tell him. He was asking for your opinion. Something like: "I think you're a snitch, and I never would have done what you did" would have been fine. But you called him a snitch, a crybaby, a punk, and you incited the conversation into a war of words. I realize that speaking your mind is a valuable quality, but it does cause trouble once in a while.

killerformula -- your personal attacks on tm454 were also out of line. It doesn't matter who went first.

So, BBB intervened. She didn't do it out of her own interests, she's just following board protocol for editing threads. Protocol that I laid down, properly applied in this situation. If she insulted you in the process, or antagonized you, I don't think she meant it. She has a very tough job.

tm454 -- you felt that BBB's custom title was inappropriate, and now she's changed it. This was a voluntary gesture of good faith on her part.

I think the mods have done a TON OF HARD WORK to help rid this community of trolling, specifically BBB. This isn't done just by banning a few users. It means that a universal standard of conduct has to be adhered to by all members, new and old alike, and we all have to step it up a notch.

I see vast improvements on the board since we've started to raise the bar, and it's only going to get better. Let's all cut each other some slack, and move on.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Nobody ever talks about how the EPA is bending us over!
here in Dallas it costs $40 on 1980 and newer cars, plus most
older cars won't pass the strict test, and it's very expensive to fix
the emissions equipment to make the car pass.
So there is a lot of poorer familys that are stuck driving a illegal
vehicle.

And while the aholes that passed it are raking in money from geting Dallas smog credits.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.