Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - i can;t believe the way s@#t happens
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 10:23 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thumbs up

Well in looking at the pics you`ll be better off replacing the whole panel.This being the case you`ll have to heve that side glass taken out. For this iwould cal an auto glass place as this would be cheaper than replacing the glass that got broke when you try to pull it out you`re self.Now its not impossible for you to pull it out but the urethane that hold s the glass in is pretty stubborn stuff. You may have to get the body pulled on a frame machine to make sure everything lines up right.I would pull out the spare and look inside the trim panel to see if your inner structure is damaged,This also may be a way for you to straighten the pnl from the inside.Although it would take a whole lot of mud to fix it.You may want to get the used quarter pnl and take it to the body shop and have them replace it,a used quarter pnl requires alot of cleanup(timming). If you let the bodyshop get the qt pnl they will mark it up and it will cost you more. Well I hope I didn`t ramble to much,and I hope this helps. If you need some more help Holler.