Hot Rod Forum banner

I Can't Find Garnish moldings.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NudeAutoMall 
#1 ·
I need help.I am looking for what i believe it to be called...garnish moldings for a 1967 Nova (post car).These pieces are above the quarter window and hold up the headliner and the sail pannels.Nobody seems to have these pieces.I can't even find a junk yard with an old Nova in it so i could get these pieces.Have tried many places like Chevy 2 Only and Trim Parts..ECT...Can anyone help me with this?Thanks

#5 ·
Forgive me if I'm not understanding what you are looking for. Are you talking about the pieces of tin that screw above the window for the plastic beeding to hold on to? If so, simple enough to make. I'd knock those out for like 20 a side if you can borow a set to coppy, or 40 from cardboard patterns.

#7 ·
It would have been easer with a coppy. What I need then is a cardboard cut out, preferably from a laundry detergent box. Screw a side pannel from the box to the place where your pice needs to be screwed to, making sure there is a screw for every hole, and cutting away the excess cardboard as necessary, then trace the opening of the window. Next take another scrap of cardboard and cut a slice in it on one end, only as deep as your plastic beading. now slide that cut over one lip of the beading, cutting away the necessary amount of cardboard so that the cardboard no longer bends as you push it over but still tuches the inside and outside of the lip while just tuching the bottom. What your making me is a debth and thickness guage, and it suld look something like a tuning fork when you are done. The next piece I would need is a simular guage, but of the window channel. Place it 90 degrees to the window channel and cut away untill it fits snuggly at all points, this cardboard will look somthing like your poarch steps viewed from the side with three steps; step one being the post of the car, step two the window channel, step three aproximatly the window pane. And I will need one more cardboard of the inside radius of the rubber that holds your window, or window hardware in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.