Hot Rod Forum banner

I Can't Find Good Reference Point On G Body Graph To 48 GMC Truck

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Don Meyer 
#1 · (Edited)
Subframe graph experts (Shine, I would appreciate your input), I can't find a reference point thats the same on each side of the G body frame clip to square it up to a 48 GMC truck. I have measured every conceiveable mark and they seem to be off from the left to right side of the clip.
Can anyone help me with advice on what I can use for a reference point to measure to? On Gen 2 Camaro graphs, I have used the shock tower hole as the reference points, but these holes are a 1/2" different from side to side on the g body clip.

Thanks In Advance,

Don Meyer

#2 ·
We Found A Soluion

Don and I were able to find a solution for finding a reference point. We put to lower control arms on the G Body frame section and used the lower ball joint grease joint to do a measurement front to back and diagonal to the bolt on the rear leaf spring front bracket bolt. We actually got these measurements to within a 1/16th inch. I wanted to post our solution for reference to others who try to use a G body frame graph. The G Body is a difficult donor due to the lack of symmetry from side to side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.