Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I cant get rear drum off my race car Race tommorow
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Made the finals!!!

wow what a day at Atlanta Dragway. I finished the brake deal late friday. Got up at 6 Finished the corner balance( or scaling) & was loaded up by 9am.

It was the Big Nite of Fire Fireworks race in the Summit series, so it usually brings out a lot of non regulars so there are points to be won.

The weather was crazy. Atlanta is 1150 feet ASL and normal density altitude for this time of year is 3000 feet. Saturday my first run was 104 degrees ambient, 136 track temp and 4727 DA with 5005 ft OA! car ran off .25 slower than last week but it did it both time runs so I went with it.

Run # 1 113.7 degrees ambiant! 5474 feet DA. 147 track temp It was crazy.

End result I was looking for a one and done just to get some points and made it to the final. Got my first .000 reaction time in competition earning me the bye run in the quarter finals. Semis had a great .003 and in the finals got off with a .002 to a .043 but blew the tires off it, by this time the weather was in the high 90's but the jet cars blew a lot of the rubber of the track and I knew 20 feet out of the gate that it was over. Probably picked up 5 positions in points & I was came in at 8th. Any way you look at it getting home at 1:30 am is a good thing.

Thank you all so much for the advice and giving me the ideas to press on regardless. Im so glad I did.

Oh, to top it off, my fuel pump died taking it off the trailer this morning.