Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - i could use some quadrajet rebuild tips
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quadrajet [4MV] rebuild 'newbie' needs help

I finally got the gumption to try to rebuild my Quad carb. One reason, because it needed it. Pouring gas out of accelerator pump. And second, because I couldn't afford to pay to have it done.
After looking on Youtube, I found some very informative videos. These videos walked me through the whole process from taking apart to reassembly.
I put it back on my truck, and it fired right up, running smooth as I could hope for. One problem though...years ago the automatic choke went bad on it and I replaced it with a manual-pull cable inside of cab on dash. That was working fine, but when I reassembled carb after rebuild, I left 2 things off of choke linkage. Lockout lever, and cam follower.
Does anyone have a clear picture of how these 2 parts go back on? I know
someone is probably saying that if I could rebuild the carb, I shouldn't have any problem figuring out how these go back on, but I'm wanting to be sure that I don't end up having to take choke linkage off again because something is 'up-side-down'.
Thanks ! !

PS - I agree with Mertz ! !
Actuator rod can be a pain.